Getting Technical: The 10 Most Popular Marketing Technology Columns In 2015
Digital marketers in 2015 grappled with making the right marketing technology decisions, and our top Marketing Technology columnists helped them all along the way.
In many ways, marketing technology is what separates digital marketers from traditional marketers, in that nothing happens in the digital world without layers and layers of technology. And that technology got better and better in 2015. We gained access to data like never before, enabling customer experiences we could never have imagined just a few years ago.
This year, we at Marketing Land have made a big commitment to covering the dramatically changing world of martech, both on our site and via the events we produce with Scott Brinker. Of course, this commitment includes publishing tips, how-tos and expert opinions from folks working with martech every day, and below you’ll find some of the fruits of these efforts — the top 10 Marketing Technology columns for 2015.
Some of the most popular columns of the year featured lists and descriptions of new tools, as marketers seem to always be on the lookout for the software that will give them an edge. Marketing automation, and the account-based marketing and hyper-personalization that it enables, were also hot topics.
Check out or bookmark these excellent columns that so many found valuable in 2015. A big thank-you to all our contributors who bring such great content to Marketing Land!
- The Big List: 80 Of The Hottest SEO, Social Media & Digital Analytics Tools For Marketers by John Lincoln, published on 1/13/15.
Social activity: Facebook 1911, Google+ 0, LinkedIn 821
- Number Of Martech Companies Doubles To 2,000 In 2015 by Scott Brinker, published on 1/12/15.
Social activity: Facebook 246, Google+ 0, LinkedIn 394
- 5 Marketing Technology Challenges Every Business Must Solve by Paul Roetzer, published on 2/4/15.
Social activity: Facebook 176, Google+ 49, LinkedIn 635
- The Missing Piece Of Marketing Automation That Could Change Everything by Paul Roetzer, published on 3/4/15.
Social activity: Facebook 291, Google+ 37, LinkedIn 494
- Account-Based Marketing: New Buzzword Or New Reality? by Rachel Balik, published on 6/8/15.
Social activity: Facebook 97, Google+ 0, LinkedIn 537
- 20+ Resources For Building Tech-Savvy Modern Marketers by Paul Roetzer, published on 4/1/15.
Social activity: Facebook 208, Google+ 0, LinkedIn 365
- 500 Startups At MarTech: 10 Tools You Need For Your Marketing Stack by Ian Cleary, published on 10/22/15.
Social activity: Facebook 122, Google+ 0, LinkedIn 225
- What Every CMO Should Know About Marketing Automation by Mary Wallace, published on 5/26/15.
Social activity: Facebook 206, Google+ 39, LinkedIn 557
- Hyper-Personalization: How To Use Data To Build Loyal Customer Relationships by Josh Manion, published on 9/2/15.
Social activity: Facebook 191, Google+ 39, LinkedIn 442
- Martech Rising: Watch Out Google, Here Comes Facebook by Erik Bratt, published on 6/10/15.
Social activity: Facebook 200, Google+ 0, LinkedIn 357
Methodology: Columns published in 2015 are ranked in order of page views measured by Google Analytics. Data includes all columns published through November 30, 2015. Social data provided by SharedCount.