MarTech Today: Crawling A Staging Server, #GirlsWhoCode & VR For Small Biz
Barry Levine on February 16, 2016 at 9:00 am
Here’s our daily recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- 5 Ways To Crawl A Staging Server Before Important Site Changes Go Live (To Save SEO)
Feb 15, 2016 by Glenn Gabe
You can uncover many potential SEO problems with a thorough crawl of the staging environment, but what if it’s not readily accessible? Columnist Glenn Gabe shares some tips.
- The Quiet, Smart Growth Of #GirlsWhoCode
Feb 15, 2016 by Chris Kerns
Columnist Chris Kerns takes a look at how the nonprofit is quietly becoming a game changer — and why focusing on the right numbers is key to measuring your own success.
- What’s The Reality Of Virtual Reality For Small Business?
Feb 15, 2016 by Chris Marentis
Virtual reality is gaining momentum, but what are the applications for small business marketers? Contributor Chris Marentis explores.
- Special Marketing Land Coverage: Welcome To Martech Madness!
Feb 15, 2016 by Matt McGee
Beginning today, Marketing Land brings you a full month of special coverage of all things martech.
- Google’s Classic Link Operator Showing Signs Of Being Turned Off For Good?
Feb 15, 2016 by Barry Schwartz
Google has said their link operator is not dead but continues to tell webmasters to use Google Search Console for the best Google link data source.
From Around The Web:
- Google says will not participate in 2016 U.S. airwaves auction, Reuters
- Google Moves to Require Product GTIN in Feeds, www.rimmkaufman.com
- 10 Free Educational Resources for Ecommerce Merchants, www.practicalecommerce.com
- Amazon Echo Can Now Control Thermostats, www.forbes.com
- Flipagram Prepares to Launch Direct Messaging for Private and Group Sharing of Flips, www.businesswire.com
- How tech’s big 3 are getting ready to read your emotions, venturebeat.com
- Everything You Need To Know About Google’s Accelerated Mobile Pages, www.smashingmagazine.com
- Is Snapchat On The Verge Of Its “Facebook Moment”?, adexchanger.com
- The VR View-Master 2.0 Will Be the Best Google Cardboard You Can Buy , Gizmodo