MarTech Today: Meet MarTech Today; 21% Of Email Fails To Deliver & Programmatic On The Rise
Here’s our daily recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the Web.
From Marketing Land:
- Introducing MarTech Today: Your Home & Daily Read For Marketing Technology
Oct 14, 2015 by Danny Sullivan
Looking to keep up with marketing technology? Marketing Land has the solution you need. We’re happy to announce our new MarTech Today section that features original content about developments in the space and a new MarTech Today email newsletter that delivers stories about marketing technology to your inbox each day.
- Email Delivery Report Finds 21% Of Marketing Emails Fail To Reach Consumer Inboxes
Oct 13, 2015 by Amy Gesenhues
Return Path found that email deliverability rates have dropped from 83% last year to 79% in 2015.
- Simply Measured Acquires Social Intelligence Firm DataRank
Oct 13, 2015 by Martin Beck
Social analytics firm adds Y Combinator company that focuses on ranking and organizing online conversations about brands.
- Watch Out, YouTube: Facebook Is Finally Building A Video Hub
Oct 13, 2015 by Martin Beck
Pushing into territory dominated by Google’s video platform, Facebook is testing a dedicated spot for people looking to watch video on the social network.
- Report: Mobile To Dominate Programmatic Advertising, Leave Desktop In The Dust
Oct 13, 2015 by Greg Sterling
Digital ad forecaster eMarketer is asserting that the majority of US display advertising dollars will be bought through programmatic channels by 2017. Furthermore, most of that will be mobile. A new report from the company estimates that mobile programmatic advertising will be worth roughly $9.33 billion in 2015.
- Salesforce: The Internet Of Things Will Merge Product Experience With Customer Experience
Oct 12, 2015 by Barry Levine
Marketing Cloud CEO Scott McCorkle also says his company’s new IOT Cloud will help drive the blending of B2B with B2C.
- Virtual Reality: Google Cardboard vs. Facebook’s Oculus Like Android vs. iOS
Oct 12, 2015 by Greg Sterling
The question hanging over Virtual Reality (VR) is whether it will truly become “the next great technology platform that’s going to define the way we all connect in the future,” as Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg has predicted.
- MarTech Europe Is Next Week – Join Us At The Intersection Of Marketing & Technology
Oct 12, 2015 by Marketing Land
Marketers need to overcome many challenges when adopting marketing technologies. Getting C-suite buy in, crafting an effective strategy, developing capable people, re-engineering the organization, securing adequate funding… and the list goes on. MarTech: The Marketing Technology Conference is here to help you overcome those challenges.
From Around The Web:
- Google Makes Its Single Sign-On Solution Compatible With More Enterprise Apps, techcrunch.com
- Mobile Drives Canada’s Programmatic Growth, www.emarketer.com
- Despite Obstacles, Programmatic Video Advertising Maturation Advances, www.emarketer.com
- Affiliate Toolbars, Adware and Malware: 18 Resources to Study, www.amnavigator.com
- 7 Ways to Make the Most of Your Marketing Data, thedma.org
- Searching for Goldilocks: ‘Just Right’ Analytics Prove Elusive, www.cmswire.com
- Google registers two new drone designs with the FAA, www.theverge.com
- Using Cohort Analysis for Conversion Optimization, conversionxl.com
- 4 Ways to Improve Ecommerce Security for the Holidays, www.practicalecommerce.com
- Local Media Consortium Partners with Lotame, www.localmediaconsortium.com
- MediaMath Appoints Ad Industry Veteran Joanna O’Connell as Chief Marketing Officer, www.martechadvisor.com
- Personalization Platform Boomtrain Snags $12M In Series A, Gets Personal With CBS Interactive, adexchanger.com
- Samsung VP-Marketing & Operations Exec Vince Hudson Resigns, adage.com
- Is the YouTube Algorithm Becoming Too Predictable?, www.reelseo.com
- Optimizely Raises $58 Million to Optimize the World, blog.optimizely.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech Today. Staff authors are listed here.