Stay marketing-savvy and tech-savvy. Get the latest in martech by subscribing to MarTech Today.
MarTech Today: Facebook Messenger, new metrics for martech & “Right To Be Forgotten”
Barry Levine on March 7, 2016 at 9:00 am
Here’s our recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Facebook Plans To Open Messenger To Publishers At F8 In April
Mar 3, 2016 by Tim Peterson
Facebook will officially let publishers distribute content through Messenger and will announce the news at its annual developer conference in April.
- We Marketers Aren’t As “Automated” As We Think
Mar 4, 2016 by Scott Vaughan
Despite the promise of automation, marketers still have a ways to go. Columnist Scott Vaughan explains why we need to focus on automating the right data and eliminating the manual tasks that hold us back.
- Here’s Why Martech Needs Some New Metrics
Mar 3, 2016 by Barry Levine
Customer relationships are now “a movie, rather than a snapshot,” and marketers need more movie-like ways to measure what’s working.
- Smart Goals Roll Out To More AdWords Advertisers As Google Cuts The Eligibility Requirements In Half
Mar 3, 2016 by Greg Finn
The conversions, driven by machine learning, will be rolling out to even more AdWords advertisers over the coming weeks.
- Google Agrees To Complicated Worldwide “Right To Be Forgotten” Censorship Plan
Mar 4, 2016 by Danny Sullivan
Google will ensure those within a country where a RTBF request was granted cannot find censored content, regardless of what Google edition they use.
From Around The Web:
- Ultimate Guide to Site Speed – Optimizing WordPress, www.portent.com
- Email Builder Simplifies Small Businesses’ Customer Communication, www.infusionsoft.com
- Nielsen Acquires Pointlogic, www.nielsen.com
- Rapt Media Study Finds Content Creators Are Investing in the Wrong Technology, www.businesswire.com
- How CMOs Can Prove the ROI of Tech Investments, www.convinceandconvert.com
- Marketers Shift 2016 Budgets, and Attention, to Marketing Technology, www.emarketer.com
- 9 Questions to Ask When Building a Mobile App, smallbiztrends.com
- Amazon Quietly Disabled Encryption On Its Fire OS 5 Devices, www.fastcompany.com
- Vimeo Redesigns iOS App to Make Content Discovery Easier, www.adweek.com