MarTech Today: 10,000-Character Tweets, Phablets & Snapchat API
Here’s our daily recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web. From Marketing Land: 10,000-Character Tweets May Arrive On Twitter Later This Month Jan 5, 2016 by Greg Finn Forget those 140-character limitations, buckle your seat and prepare for 10,000 characters of Twitter expression. A […]
Barry Levine on January 6, 2016 at 9:00 am
Here’s our daily recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- 10,000-Character Tweets May Arrive On Twitter Later This Month
Jan 5, 2016 by Greg Finn
Forget those 140-character limitations, buckle your seat and prepare for 10,000 characters of Twitter expression. A report from Re/code shows that 10,000-character tweets may be coming later this month.
- Twitter Launches Conversational Ads To Get People Tweeting About Brands
Jan 5, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
The ads are designed to prompt responses to questions and drive shares.
- Bridge The Worlds Of IT & Marketing At MarTech. Lowest Rates Expire Saturday!
Jan 5, 2016 by Marketing Land
Don’t miss the only MarTech in North America this year! Check out the topics and who’s speaking below. Register this week and save $500 on all of the sessions, networking activities and an expo full of leading solution providers. Lowest rates expire on Saturday. Register today!
- Flurry: Phablets Will Become Dominant Media Consumption Devices
Jan 5, 2016 by Greg Sterling
According to a year in review report from Flurry, “Phablets” are set to become dominant by the end of this year.
- Snapchat Is Reportedly Developing An API For Advertising
Jan 5, 2016 by Barry Levine
An API would allow the media sharing platform to grow a larger ad ecosystem, possibly similar to Instagram’s.
- 5 Predictions For 2016 After Reaching “Peak Martech”
Jan 5, 2016 by Erik Bratt
What’s ahead for marketing technology in the new year? Columnist Erik Bratt takes a look at some trends marketers should expect to see.
- Bing Now Powers AOL Search: What Advertisers Need To Know
Jan 5, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
Here’s what’s changing in Bing Ads with the addition of AOL to the network.
From Around The Web:
- How to Track Read Time: Content Marketing Analytics, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Yield Management Using Web Analytics in Publishing, www.webanalyticsworld.net
- Bloggers: Here are the 7 Tools You Didn’t Know You Needed, www.blogherald.com
- Twitter Invests in Muzik Connected Headphone Company, recode.net
- Amazon’s Email And Calendaring Service, Amazon WorkMail, Exits Preview, techcrunch.com
- Google paid $380M to buy Bebop, venturebeat.com
- New York’s Old Payphones Are About To Pump Out Free Public Wi-Fi, www.fastcoexist.com
- Oracle to acquire AddThis, Business Insider
- 5 Marketing Processes You Should Seriously Consider Automating, blog.kissmetrics.com
- Ad-Tech Consolidation And The Rule Of Three, adexchanger.com
- Seven Big Event Tech Predictions for 2016, www.martechadvisor.com
- Android Lollipop passes 30% adoption, Marshmallow still under 1%, venturebeat.com