MarTech Today: VR-based marketing, the morphing of BlabPredicts & RIP Google PageRank
Here’s our daily recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- What does VR-based marketing offer that other tech does not?
Mar 9, 2016 by Barry Levine
We asked two ad/marketing executives to go beyond the “wow” and look at the technology’s essential value propositions.
- Social monitor BlabPredicts morphs into a data targeting firm for trends and keywords
Mar 9, 2016 by Barry Levine
The company is today launching a new platform so that marketers can direct ads immediately at not-so-obvious conversational threads on a given topic.
- What “human-in-the-loop computing” means for marketers
Mar 9, 2016 by Joshua Reynolds
Don’t let artificial intelligence replace human judgment in your marketing analytics. Columnist Joshua Reynolds discusses why you need a combination of human intuition and intelligent data to make the right decisions.
- 17 leading social media management software vendors compared
Mar 9, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
“Enterprise Social Media Management Software: A Marketer’s Guide,” produced by Digital Marketing Depot and sponsored by Spredfast, examines the market for social media management software (ESMMS) and the considerations involved in implementing ESMMS platforms.
- RIP Google PageRank score: A retrospective on how it ruined the web
Mar 9, 2016 by Danny Sullivan
While Google will remove PageRank scores from public view in the coming weeks, the way those scores dramatically reshaped the web will remain.
From Around The Web:
- Beware of Automated Reporting: Software are NOT Analysts, www.internetmarketingninjas.com
- New Feature Plugin for WordPress Adds Emoji Reactions to Posts, wptavern.com
- Google Joins Facebook-Led Initiative That is Rewiring Data Centers, www.wsj.com
- Out of Ideas? 13+ Tools to Spark Content Creation, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- AerServ Partners With Pixalate to Support Fraud Detection and Ensure Viewability for Mobile Media Brand Marketers and Agencies, www.marketwired.com
- VideoAmp Appoints Former Vizio Exec Nick Chakalos As Vice President Of Global TV And Data, www.prnewswire.com
- Building Blocks: Roland Smart, VP of Social & Community Marketing at Oracle Talks Marketing Tech, www.martechadvisor.com
- MarTech Advisor’s Investscape 2015: Nearly $8 Billion Total Investment; Social Media, Analytics and Content Marketing Platforms most Funded Categories, www.martechadvisor.com
- The Ultimate Guide To Mobile Site Speed Optimization, www.searchenginepeople.com
- How to Make Technical Products Relatable on Social, simplymeasured.com
- YouTube cofounder Steve Chen launches Nom, a livestreaming service that’s Twitch for food shows, venturebeat.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech Today. Staff authors are listed here.