MarTech Today: Opera’s browser-based ad blocking, Immersv’s VR ad-only platform & tips for becoming a chief martech officer
Barry Levine on March 11, 2016 at 9:00 am
Here’s our daily recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Opera Launches Browser-Based Ad Blocking Feature
Mar 10, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
In another hit against online advertising bloat, Opera’s tool can suggest blocking ads when it detects “heavy” advertising on a site.
- Video adtech platform Unruly adds a new emotion-visualization dashboard
Mar 10, 2016 by Barry Levine
Called Pulse, it offers summaries of emotional responses to selected video ads — but then what?
- Startup Immersv launches VR ad-only platform that it says is the most complete
Mar 10, 2016 by Barry Levine
Built specifically for this format, the platform provides a new “staging scene” display format that the company hopes to make into an IAB standard.
- 4 tips to break into the C-suite and become a chief marketing technology officer
Mar 10, 2016 by Sheldon Monteiro
How do you become the next marketing technology star of your organization? Ahead of SXSW, columnist Sheldon Monteiro offers some tips for those aspiring to advance their careers.
- The future of location-based services
Mar 10, 2016 by Aaron Strout
Columnist Aaron Strout sits down with GasBuddy’s Mike Schneider to discuss which companies are doing location-based services right and what’s ahead for the industry.
- Send AdWords alerts directly to Slack with this AdWords script library
Mar 10, 2016 by Russell Savage
Looking to get those AdWords alerts out of your email inbox? Columnist Russell Savage shows how you can use AdWords scripts to send these alerts to Slack instead.
- The terrifying connection between malware, Google Search Console, rogue subdomains and AdWords
Mar 10, 2016 by Glenn Gabe
In the midst of a malware emergency or want to ensure you never have to deal with one? Columnist Glenn Gabe provides recommendations based on his experience helping clients with security situations.
- Searchmetrics study shows most apps are not utilizing the Google App Indexing
Mar 10, 2016 by Barry Schwartz
While most top websites have apps, only 30% of those Android apps and 19% of those iOS apps have deployed App Indexing.
- 17 social media management software vendors compared
Mar 9, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
Finding the appropriate social media management tool for your business can be a challenge. This free 64-page guide produced by Digital Marketing Depot provides a framework for deciding if you need an EMMS solution, details the capabilities of the leading platforms, and compares offerings from leading vendors. Also included are questions to ask vendors, plus […]
From Around The Web:
- The 6 Best Free Plugins to Add a Forum to Your WordPress Blog, www.wpexplorer.com
- 7 Ways to Measure Your Website’s UX, blog.kissmetrics.com
- A store-focused vendor develops e-commerce software for small and midsized retailers, www.internetretailer.com
- Inside Marketing: Olapic, whatarmy.com
- Clarabridge Launches New Visual Listening Capability through Partnership with Ditto Labs, www.businesswire.com
- Impact of Information Technology and Machine Learning on Marketing, www.martechadvisor.com
- Codeblack Films uses Facebook Live to promote “The Perfect Match”, media.fb.com
- Facebook 360 content finds a new virtual home on Oculus Video, techcrunch.com
- Integral Ad Science Unveils Pre-Bid Video Segments To Boost Viewability By The “Threshold”, adexchanger.com
- Liberty Mutual Tries Novel Filming Technique in This Choose-Your-Own-Adventure VR Video, www.adweek.com