MarTech Today: Reactions to Google’s new Analytics Suite, Instagram’s feeds go algorithmic & HTTPS sites
Here’s our daily recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web. From Marketing Land: The votes are in — for what Google’s new Analytics 360 Suite really means Mar 16, 2016 by Barry Levine We tallied up responses from a variety of practitioners and observers […]
Barry Levine on March 17, 2016 at 9:00 am
Here’s our daily recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- The votes are in — for what Google’s new Analytics 360 Suite really means
Mar 16, 2016 by Barry Levine
We tallied up responses from a variety of practitioners and observers about how the tech giant’s new platform of products could impact marketers.
- Feed your obsession with the latest social media marketing strategies at SocialPro
Mar 16, 2016 by Marketing Land
Traditional signals such as Facebook page likes and clicks don’t equate to the best customer engagement strategy. With Facebook’s News Feed algorithm frequently morphing, it’s now relying more on user feedback and surveys to impact story distribution. Unlock the mystery of this black box and other trending topics by attending Marketing Land’s SocialPro.
- What your teacher didn’t tell you about optimizing site speed
Mar 16, 2016 by Brian Harnish
Site speed impacts your search engine ranks, so how can you make improvements? Columnist Brian Harnish details a few ways to decrease page load time for your top-performing pages.
- Google to boost the mobile-friendly ranking factor in May 2016
Mar 16, 2016 by Barry Schwartz
Google will be increasing the mobile friendly ranking factor in the upcoming months but stresses that high quality content can and will rank even when it is not mobile friendly.
- Is it time to “cut the cord” on traditional web analytics? 4 questions to ask
Mar 16, 2016 by Josh Manion
Should your organization go in-house with your web analytics? Columnist Josh Manion discusses four questions companies should ask before moving forward.
- Instagram feeds to evolve into algorithmic territory. Are you ready?
Mar 15, 2016 by Tamar Weinberg
Say goodbye to Instagram reverse chronological feeds. An algorithm is about to determine your user experience.
- Google estimates 25% of sites now use secure connections
Mar 15, 2016 by Barry Schwartz
Google will work with some of the non-secure top 100 sites on the web to help them migrate to HTTPS.
- MarTech All Access passes are sold out, but you can still attend! Learn how.
Mar 15, 2016 by Marketing Land
In one week, join other professionals in tackling issues at the intersection of marketing and technology at MarTech: The Marketing Tech Conference. All Access conference passes are SOLD OUT — but it’s not too late for you to attend.
From Around The Web:
- New BI Platform Focuses on Collaboration, Analytics, www.cmswire.com
- How To Integrate Motion Design In The UX Workflow, www.smashingmagazine.com
- Amazon launches AWS Database Migration Service out of preview to all customers, venturebeat.com
- A Global Marketing Vision Beyond Translation: Palo Alto Networks’ Success with Cloudwords, www.cloudwords.com
- Gas Station TV partners with SITO Mobile to launch advanced cross-screen re-targeting technology, bolstering marketer engagement with nearly 60 million monthly viewers, ir.sitomobile.com
- Lattice Engines Launches Lead Enrichment, www.prnewswire.com
- 3 Technology Trends Powering Account-Based Marketing, blog.marketo.com
- The Mobile Web Sucks. Is Google AMP the Solution?, contently.com
- 6 Productivity Tools for Twitter, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Programmatic comes to Snapchat and Instagram influencer campaigns, digiday.com
- Should Brands Fear Instagram’s Feed Algorithm?, www.adweek.com
- Is VR Marketing Really The Next Big Thing For Small Businesses?, www.webpresence.tv
- SXSW Showed We’re Finally on the Eve of the Virtual Reality Era, and Here’s Why That Scares Marketers, www.adweek.com