MarTech Today: Cognitive marketing, RIP TweetDeck for Windows & real-time search algorithm updates
Here’s our daily recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web. From Marketing Land: Now entering… the age of cognitive marketing Mar 17, 2016 by Barry Levine IDC Research Manager Gerry Murray predicts that within a year, there will be an explosion in the number […]
Barry Levine on March 18, 2016 at 9:00 am
Here’s our daily recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Now entering… the age of cognitive marketing
Mar 17, 2016 by Barry Levine
IDC Research Manager Gerry Murray predicts that within a year, there will be an explosion in the number of marketing applications that “think.”
- RIP TweetDeck for Windows: App to sunset on April 15
Mar 17, 2016 by Tamar Weinberg
Twitter for Windows will stop being supported on April 15 while the company chooses to focus on the web interface instead..
- The new performance creative: Where emotion, data and technology converge
Mar 17, 2016 by Scott Rayden
Columnist Scott Rayden says marketers who want to stay ahead of the curve need to successfully integrate data and technology with creative that connects with consumers.
- SMX Advanced agenda is up! Secure your place today and save $500.
Mar 16, 2016 by Marketing Land
Get ready for Search Engine Land’s SMX Advanced, which returns to Seattle June 22–23. Two exceptional days of professional-level tactics, keynotes and networking await you! The agenda is now up, and SMX Advanced provides the latest, professional-level tactics and best practices in PPC, SEO, local and mobile search, social media marketing and more.
- Why real-time search algorithm updates may be bad news
Mar 17, 2016 by Patrick Stox
With real-time algorithm updates becoming the norm in place of manual releases, what issues might arise? Columnist Patrick Stox examines some potential effects of faster algorithm updates.
From Around The Web:
- What Does 2016 Hold for Analytics Users?, amplitude.com
- How to Connect Your WordPress Powered Site to Apple News Publisher, wptavern.com
- Cloud Makes For Strange Bedfellows: Apple Signs On With Google, Cuts Spending With AWS, www.crn.com
- Build Better User Experience With C.R.A.P. Design Principles, vwo.com
- Alibaba is working to bring virtual reality into its e-commerce services, techcrunch.com
- Automational Boosts Small Business Efficiency with Sales and Marketing Automation, www.prweb.com
- ScribbleLive Announces Launch of ScribbleLive Plan, www.marketwired.com
- Agency And Ad Tech Expertise Create A New Breed Of Marketing Talent, adexchanger.com
- Four Reasons Marketers Should Be Excited About Machine Learning, www.marketingprofs.com
- Facebook’s Messenger Bot Store could be the most important launch since the App Store, techcrunch.com
- How Google’s AMP Will Influence Your Online Marketing, moz.com
- Microsoft starts rolling out Windows 10 Mobile to Windows Phone 8.1 devices, venturebeat.com