MarTech Today: Tapjoy’s New Partners, Twitter’s Customer Service Tools & Tell Google Why More Search Data
Here’s our daily recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web. From Marketing Land: Tapjoy Beefs Up Its MarTech/AdTech Mobile Combo With New Ad Partners Feb 18, 2016 by Barry Levine Bidding advertisers through MoPub, AerServ and Fyber will now get a shot at app […]
Barry Levine on February 19, 2016 at 9:00 am
Here’s our daily recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Tapjoy Beefs Up Its MarTech/AdTech Mobile Combo With New Ad Partners
Feb 18, 2016 by Barry Levine
Bidding advertisers through MoPub, AerServ and Fyber will now get a shot at app inventory through Tapjoy.
- Meet the MarTech Speakers: Laura Patterson, President & Co-Founder, VisionEdge Marketing
Feb 18, 2016 by Marketing Land
How Marketers Can Earn Better Grades From The C-Suite
- You’re Invited To SocialPro, The Premier Social Media Conference Of 2016
Feb 18, 2016 by Marketing Land
Social media continues to be a massive opportunity, but the landscape is evolving quickly, and true success is difficult to find, even for experienced marketers. Whether you are struggling with what channels to focus on this year or how to optimize content creation and paid media, 2016 is a critical year for social marketers.
- Twitter Launches New Customer Service Feedback And Engagement Tools For Businesses
Feb 18, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
New features are designed to make customer service simpler and more satisfying on the social network.
- A Primer On Automating AdWords With Structured Data
Feb 18, 2016 by Frederick Vallaeys
Columnist Frederick Vallaeys explains several ways you can use structured data to create relevant and customized PPC search ads.
- Call Tracking And Analytics 101
Feb 17, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
US consumers will make more than 100 billion mobile calls to businesses this year. Nearly two out of three consumers say it’s very — or extremely — important to be able to call a business during their purchase journey. Call tracking and analytics have become a marketing technology “must-have” as a result.:
- Tell Google Why You Want More Than 90 Days Of Search Analytics Data
Feb 18, 2016 by Barry Schwartz
Despite having a way to export your Search Console data and the Search Analytics API, Google wants to know why you want more data directly in the Search Console.
From Around The Web:
- Apple Letter on iPhone Security Draws Muted Tech Industry Response, www.nytimes.com
- Google CEO Pichai Lends Apple Support on Encryption, blogs.wsj.com
- A Beginner’s Guide To Creating A WordPress Website, www.smashingmagazine.com
- What Is the True Cost of Building and Managing a WordPress Website?, www.copyblogger.com
- BrandShield takes a different strategy in a world of many TLDs, domainnamewire.com
- Continuum to Unveil New Corporate Headquarters at Ribbon Cutting Ceremony, media.continuum.net
- We’re Bringing Data to Downloadable Content With a New Acquisition, contently.com
- New Alignable Rankings Shed Light on What SMBs Really Think of Tech Vendors, streetfightmag.com
- Yahoo Holds Mobile Developer Conference in San Francisco, yahoo.tumblr.com
- Pinterest Analytics: a quick walk-through, yoast.com
- Three dark social channels with a billion active users & how to use them, econsultancy.com
- Video, 3-D Content Hold AR Appeal in Japan, www.emarketer.com