MarTech Today: Overlapping tech, Bing Ads’ UET & the rise of personal assistants
Here’s our recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Martech: What happens when you’ve been over-served?
Apr 1, 2016 by Scott Vaughan
Has your organization become bogged down by marketing technology? Are you dealing with overlapping solutions or tech that no longer works with your processes? If so, columnist Scott Vaughan has advice for getting back to basics.
- Retooling mail optimization: how real-time actions put direct mail back into fashion
Apr 1, 2016 by Lewis Gersh
What if you could take the data from your digital marketing efforts and apply it to your direct mail campaigns? Columnist Lewis Gersh explains how real-time, intent-driven data can be used to enhance this tried-and-true marketing channel.
- Still hanging onto Bing Ads Campaign Analytics? Time to switch to UET
Apr 1, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
Only UET will be supported for conversion tracking by the end of June.
- The rise of personal assistants and the death of the search box
Apr 1, 2016 by Eric Enge
Columnist Eric Enge recaps the SMX West 2016 keynote by Googler Behshad Behzadi, who envisions a not-too-distant future in which voice search becomes more ubiquitous — and may even replace the search box.
From Around The Web:
- Measuring Uninstall Tracking: 4 Methods for Marketers, www.tune.com
- WordPress.org UX Research Begins as Part of Long-Term Plan for Redesign, wptavern.com
- In Ad Tech, Every Day Can Feel Like April Fools’ Day, adexchanger.com
- Marketing tech landscape in 2045 will consolidate to one logo, chiefmartec.com
- What Marketers Should Know About Today’s Ever-Expanding Technology Landscape, www.emarketer.com
- Mobile Viewability Standards Are About To Get Real, adexchanger.com
- MRC’s First Stab at Viewability Standards Treats Mobile Ads the Same as Desktop, www.adweek.com
- The 2016 FbStart Apps of the Year is Now Accepting Submissions, developers.facebook.com
- Learn HTML5 Ads Before It’s Too Late, blog.adstage.io
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech Today. Staff authors are listed here.