Stay marketing and tech-savvy. Get the latest in martech - subscribe to MarTech Today.
MarTech Today: Facebook expands Live Video, tag management and DMPs, & VR vs. AR
Barry Levine on April 7, 2016 at 9:00 am
Here’s our daily recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Facebook expands Live video, will put it front and center in mobile app
Apr 6, 2016 by Amy Gesenhues
Live video tab will replace Messages in the Facebook app, as several new features give users and brands more to play with and measure.
- Tag management systems and DMPs — a match made in heaven?
Apr 6, 2016 by L. Erik Bratt
Brand marketers these days demand tools that can build a holistic customer profile. Contributor Erik Bratt argues that combining data management platforms (DMPs) with tag management is the key to achieving that goal.
- Feed your search marketing obsession at SMX Advanced
Apr 6, 2016 by Marketing Land
For 10 years, search marketers have purchased every ticket available for SMX Advanced. Don’t miss your only opportunity this year to attend! SMX Advanced is unique. Sessions are fast-paced, Q&A-packed and don’t slow down to cover the basics.
- Mobile marketer Kahuna adds Locales tool for language and location targeting
Apr 6, 2016 by Barry Levine
Including its previously released Intelligent Events, this is the second segmentation tool the company has added this year.
- Dark search, dark social & everything in between
Apr 6, 2016 by Maggie Malek
Certain types of web traffic do not pass referral information on to our analytics programs, making it difficult to properly track these visits. Contributor Maggie Malek recaps a session from SMX West detailing how to handle this “dark” web traffic.
- Medium wants to be publishers’ digital printing press, too
Apr 5, 2016 by Tim Peterson
On Tuesday, Medium introduced ways for publishers to host their content on the blogging platform and make money from native ads or paid subscriptions.
- Virtual vs. augmented reality and Apple Watch for your face
Apr 5, 2016 by Greg Sterling
AR may ultimately present a larger opportunity than VR, but the right hardware and user experience don’t yet exist.
From Around The Web:
- SurveyMonkey expands into app insights after quietly acquiring Renzu, TechCrunch
- The myth behind cloud autoscaling for ecommerce sites, econsultancy.com
- 5 major themes from MarTech with big implications for marketing, chiefmartec.com
- AVP Digital Marketing at Unum Talks Marketing Tech, www.martechadvisor.com
- How Academia Is Shaping Ad Tech And Platform Business Models, adexchanger.com
- How to Convince Your CEO to Invest in Marketing Technology, www.cmswire.com
- Code reaffirms Apple’s plan to allow users to hide default iOS apps, appleinsider.com
- Microsoft’s Surface phone is now reportedly coming in 2017, venturebeat.com
- WhatsApp, the world’s most popular messaging service, just turned on encryption for all its data, qz.com
- Reddit Steps Up Anti-Harassment Measures With New Blocking Tool, New York Times
- Why Snapchat 2.0 is Necessary for Digital Marketers, www.convinceandconvert.com
- Google’s Tilt Brush Is The First Great VR App, www.fastcompany.com