MarTech Today: Facebook’s Messenger platform, Nielsen’s Marketing Cloud & Google Voice Access
Barry Levine on April 13, 2016 at 9:00 am
Here’s our daily recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Facebook’s Messenger Platform launched, allows businesses to build bots
Apr 12, 2016 by Danny Sullivan
Released in beta, Messenger Platform allows businesses to build bots that can interact with customers or even handle purchases.
- Social advertising? Earned/owned social? Get the latest tactics at SocialPro.
Apr 12, 2016 by Marketing Land
We hear from three kinds of social media marketers: social media paid advertising specialists; organic (earned/owned) social specialists; those responsible for both. Marketing Land’s SocialPro is for you, regardless which description best fits you.
- Facebook brings its Instapaper-like Save button to wider web
Apr 12, 2016 by Tim Peterson
Facebook is rolling out its Instapaper-like bookmarking tool, Save, to the wider web, the company announced at its F8 developer conference on Tuesday.
- Forrester Consulting study confirms that best-of-breed marketing stacks are “thriving”
Apr 12, 2016 by Barry Levine
Study, commissioned by DMP Krux, also puts DMPs at the center of any media-buying technology stack, whether mix-and-match or a full solution.
- Don’t trust Google to structure your local data
Apr 12, 2016 by Andrew Shotland
As Google increasingly incorporates direct answers and other types of featured snippets into search results pages, columnist Andrew Shotland points out that businesses may want to get smarter about marking up their pages.
- Nielsen launches Marketing Cloud with eXelate infrastructure
Apr 12, 2016 by Barry Levine
Four core applications are available through the Cloud at launch, with more coming.
- Google Voice Access beta enlarges role for voice, conversational device interaction
Apr 11, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Accessibility technology suggests the Star Trek future will be here soon.
- Act now: SMX Advanced super early bird rates expire this Saturday
Apr 11, 2016 by Search Engine Land
SMX Advanced rates increase Saturday. Register now for the lowest rates. Here’s what’s in store: 30+ sessions, keynotes and workshops featuring results-producing strategy and tactics on paid search, SEO, analytics, mobile and social media; panel discussions, single-speaker TED-style presentations and interactive Q&A sessions that solve the search marketing challenges you’re confronting and inspire you with new […]
From Around The Web:
- Adaptive Reuse for Experience Design and Development, www.portent.com
- Using Load Balancing For Large Volume Usability, usabilitygeek.com
- Alibaba to Invest $1 Billion in E-Commerce Startup Lazada, www.wsj.com
- Create Responsive Ecommerce Product Pages with Bootstrap, www.practicalecommerce.com
- 33Across Integrates New Audiences Into Oracle Data Cloud, www.businesswire.com
- Introducing Cramer Motion Studios, cramer.com
- Designing a Smarter Marketing Technology Stack, www.cmswire.com
- App Store Discovery Is Broken, And Developers Are Looking For Alternatives, adexchanger.com
- Forgetting user engagement during app development leads to failure, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- How Messaging Apps Are Changing Social Media, blog.bufferapp.com
- Pitch perfect: mobile makers, telcos drawn to hi-res audio, www.reuters.com
- Three Ways Brands Can See Success on Messaging Apps, www.newswhip.com
- How publishers are preparing for the Instagram algorithm, digiday.com
- Will Instagram Algorithm Devalue Content Posted By Brands?, locowise.com
- ‘A big playground’: Publishers look to Facebook Live for experimentation initially, digiday.com