Stay marketing-savvy and tech-savvy. Get the latest in martech by subscribing to MarTech Today.
MarTech Today: Google battles header bidding, the reborn Facebook Messenger & Hootsuite opens up
Barry Levine on April 14, 2016 at 9:00 am
Here’s our daily recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Google counters header bidding with exchange bidding for Dynamic Allocation
Apr 13, 2016 by Barry Levine
The tech giant is also opening up its First Look beta to all publishers.
- Watch Facebook’s CTO take a selfie in virtual reality
Apr 13, 2016 by Tim Peterson
At Facebook’s developer conference, F8, CTO Mike Schroepfer showed what Facebook could look like in virtual reality, including how to share a VR selfie.
- Facebook talks VR at Facebook F8 keynote
Apr 13, 2016 by Danny Sullivan
Expect discussion about Oculus and virtual reality, as Facebook’s annual developers conference starts its second day.
- Google takes on clickjacking
Apr 13, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
The company says it discovered the use of clickjacking in its ad network earlier this year and is taking action.
- WordPress 4.5 now available, adds responsive design previews, faster image loading
Apr 13, 2016 by Matt McGee
Other new features include editing improvements like inline linking, new formatting shortcuts and more.
- How I sent Mark Zuckerberg flowers using a Facebook Messenger bot
Apr 12, 2016 by Danny Sullivan
Facebook has positioned Messenger as a universal app for getting things done. Can you really buy flowers through it? Yes, you can.
- Facebook exposes Page posts’ Reaction counts through new API
Apr 12, 2016 by Tim Peterson
Facebook has created a Reactions API so that pages can more easily measure how many of each Reaction a post receives and the names of people who reacted.
- Facebook Messenger positioned as replacement for mobile web, apps & SMS
Apr 12, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Messenger becomes a major new commerce and content platform for 50 million marketers and brands.
- Social management system Hootsuite adds new APIs to open up its platform
Apr 12, 2016 by Barry Levine
VP says this is a new phase for the Vancouver-based company, where users can perform Hootsuite functions inside external tools.
- A script to set recurring monthly budgets in AdWords
Apr 13, 2016 by Frederick Vallaeys
Columnist Frederick Vallaeys shares a modified version of Google’s flexible budgets script that allows you to automatically distribute your monthly budget in an intelligent way.
From Around The Web:
- 20% of marketers have created an actionable ‘single customer view’, econsultancy.com
- WordPress.com bloggers can now include share buttons for WhatsApp, Telegram, and Skype, venturebeat.com
- How Facebook’s Big Bet On Chatbots Might Remake The UX Of The Web, www.fastcodesign.com
- Here’s How to Automatically Sync Gmail With Salesforce, www.cmswire.com
- Agencies Grow Intellectual Property Assets With Tech, adage.com
- Everything the tech world says about marketing is wrong, techcrunch.com
- Predictive Technology Is Mature, but B2B Marketer Adoption Still Fledgling, www.emarketer.com
- Google releases Android N update with new emoji and launcher shortcuts, www.theverge.com
- 2 reasons I’m optimistic about Instagram’s algorithm change, venturebeat.com