MarTech Today: AMPing up Google News, InsightPool adds Facebook Topic Data & Piano’s Composer for personalization
Barry Levine on April 21, 2016 at 9:00 am
Here’s our daily recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Google News gets AMP’ed with new carousel feature, more stories in the feed
Apr 20, 2016 by Greg Sterling
AMP stories load immediately and enable a better news-reading experience on mobile devices.
- Insightpool adds Facebook Topic Data to its Audience Insights product
Apr 20, 2016 by Marketing Land Staff
Company says it’s one of the first to offer Topic Data directly into its platform.
- Content monetization platform Piano launches Composer for content personalization and paywalls
Apr 20, 2016 by Barry Levine
New York City-based company, whose clients include major publishers, contends its new product is “simpler, faster” than other solutions.
- Email deliverability issues? Here are the 5 questions you should be asking
Apr 20, 2016 by Scott Heimes
If you’re an email marketer who’s experiencing problems with deliverability, columnist Scott Heimes discusses the steps you can take to diagnose and solve the problem.
- Serial fans rejoice — You can now listen to podcasts directly in Google app on Android
Apr 20, 2016 by Amy Gesenhues
Google says users can pick from thousands of podcasts, including Serial, This American Life, Fresh Air and Radiolab.
From Around The Web:
- How to Create a Backup and Disaster Recovery Plan for Your WordPress Blog, www.problogger.net
- Designing For The Internet Of Emotional Things, www.smashingmagazine.com
- How Ecommerce is Keeping it Real with Virtual and Augmented Reality, multichannelmerchant.com
- Email Marketer Integrates With Email Verification Platform, www.cmswire.com
- Will conversational marketing become a reality in 2016?, econsultancy.com
- Acquisio Grows its Management Team and Introduces New VP of Technology, www.prnewswire.com
- Act-On Introduces an Integrated Workspace to Extend the Use of Marketing Automation Beyond Demand Generation, press.act-on.com
- Introducing: Universal Link and App Link Support, blog.bitly.com
- A Publisher’s Guide To Counter-Ad Blocking Technology, adexchanger.com
- Marketing Technology Evolves US Media Buyers’ Approach, www.emarketer.com
- McKinsey Digital Leader: The Journey Wins, Not The Tech, chiefmartec.com
- Standardization and Measurement Are Top Challenges for the New Ad Tech Stack, www.emarketer.com
- ‘New metrics will develop’: Brands face marketing challenges with messaging’s rise, digiday.com
- 5 New Facebook Live Video Features for Marketers, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- A look into YouTube’s video file anatomy, youtube-eng.blogspot.com
- AOL acquires VR content studio Ryot to bring immersive video to the Huffington Post, venturebeat.com
- Hootsuite Launches New YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram Video Integrations, www.martechadvisor.com
- YouTube, Advanced Technology, And The “Billion-People Problem”, www.fastcompany.com