MarTech Today: The MosQUito, prepping for voice search & Microsoft blocks Chrome from Cortana
Here’s our recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web. From Marketing Land: Look out for the MosQUito — a new kind of ad fraud that drains human traffic from infected websites Apr 29, 2016 by Barry Levine Marketing/anti-fraud agency eZanga says it could affect […]
Barry Levine on May 2, 2016 at 9:00 am
Here’s our recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Look out for the MosQUito — a new kind of ad fraud that drains human traffic from infected websites
Apr 29, 2016 by Barry Levine
Marketing/anti-fraud agency eZanga says it could affect thousands, possibly millions, of WordPress and Joomla-based websites.
- IAB releases 2016 plan to develop LEAN scoring, its effort to take on ad blocking
Apr 29, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
The goal is to develop scoring algorithms that can show who’s doing things right by year-end.
- Tubular Labs launches first ecosystem-wide video content rating system
Apr 29, 2016 by Barry Levine
Ratings track 100 million videos for views and such engagement factors as likes, shares and comments.
- Is your brand prepared for voice search? 3 steps to get the conversation started
Apr 29, 2016 by Purna Virji
As voice search becomes more widely adopted, what can search marketers do to prepare? Columnist Purna Virji discusses how to adapt to this growing trend.
- Microsoft blocks Google Chrome & other browsers from Cortana in latest Windows 10 release
Apr 29, 2016 by Danny Sullivan
Microsoft says blocking third-party browsers & search providers improves user experience and is in keeping with how competitors act with their own digital assistants.
- Why SEOs should not ignore Bing Webmaster Tools
Apr 29, 2016 by Tony Edward
Most of us have used Google Search Console, but many SEOs ignore Bing Webmaster Tools. Columnist Tony Edward argues that we should not overlook this rich source of data.
From Around The Web:
- Google AMP: What Bloggers Need to Know, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Should You Convert Your Blog Posts for AMP?, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Google Hires Former Motorola President to Lead New Hardware Division, www.wsj.com
- LiveRail CEO Mark Trefgarne leaves Facebook, 40 layoffs in publisher ad-tech group, www.businessinsider.com
- 7 Less Obvious Tools to Improve Your Visual Content, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- Email Deliverability Rates Dragging You Down? Try These 10 Do’s and 7 Don’ts, www.marketingprofs.com
- Big data tools & techniques successful CMOs need to know, econsultancy.com
- Outbrain Launches Outbrain For Chat Content Bots, smallbiztrends.com
- What do enterprise marketers really think about marketing tech?, chiefmartec.com
- Virtual Reality Is Changing Mobile Marketing Forever; You’d Best Keep Pace, www.marketingprofs.com
- Twitter quietly retires Magic Recs, a DM bot that recommended viral accounts and Tweets, techcrunch.com
- Amplified Robot CEO Lays Out a Case for the Role of AR/VR in Retail, streetfightmag.com
- Launch Your Own Movie Channel With Unreel.me Video Streaming, smallbiztrends.com
- Periscope Launches Sketching, Improved Viewer Stats for Streams, www.adweek.com