MarTech Today: Foursquare’s Offline Attribution, Google’s Autotrack & “Near Me” Future
Barry Levine on February 24, 2016 at 9:00 am
Here’s our daily recap of what happened in marketing technology today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Foursquare Introduces “Attribution” To Measure Offline Results
Feb 23, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Company’s entry into location analytics segment adds further momentum to the attribution revolution.
- Google Launches Autotrack To Help Sites Get More Out Of Universal Analytics
Feb 23, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
A library of plugins is designed to give sites common tracking features automatically
- Pinterest Launches Updates To Rich Pins With Recipes And Movie Data
Feb 23, 2016 by Tamar Weinberg
Pinterest has launched rich data within movie and recipe pins to improve the user experience.
- Needle Adds New Features To Its Customer Advocate Service For Shopping Sites
Feb 23, 2016 by Barry Levine
Salt Lake City-based company expands beyond live chat with advocates to customer-created answers, demos and other new capabilities.
- Google Compare Will Sunset In March
Feb 22, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
The lead generation product aimed at helping searchers find and compare financial services products like mortgage rates and auto insurance quotes never gained enough traction.
- Up Close: How The New Snapchat “On-Demand Geofilters” Work
Feb 22, 2016 by Danny Sullivan
For as little as $5 per day, Snapchat lets anyone create custom stamps to add when sharing from particular locations. Will competitors target each other?
- SMX West Is Almost Here! Limited Tickets Left.
Feb 22, 2016 by Marketing Land
Search Engine Land’s SMX West begins next Tuesday in San Jose. Register now to reserve your spot or risk missing out on incredible SEO and paid tactics and networking.
- How Google Is Inventing A “Near Me” Future
Feb 23, 2016 by Adam Dorfman
As Google continues to invest in mobile, what does that mean for search marketers? Columnist Adam Dorfman explores how Google is paving the way for mobile location-based marketing.
From Around The Web:
- Virtual Reality Content Users Are Most Interested in Experiencing, www.emarketer.com
- Nielsen Enters E-Commerce Measurement With Retailer Data, adage.com
- 10 Excellent Twitter Management Tools For Improved Engagement, www.searchenginepeople.com
- Facebook Is Using AI To Build The World’s Most Detailed Population Map, techcrunch.com
- Facebook Tries (Again) to Take On Google and Twitter With Search, www.bloomberg.com
- Getting to Know the Ghost: The Complete Guide to Snapchat, blog.bufferapp.com
- The Oculus Rift isn’t out yet, but it’s already getting a run for its money from the HTC Vive, qz.com