MarTech Today: Adobe buys Livefyre, Tapjoy launches exchange & Pinterest acquires mobile tech talent
Barry Levine on May 4, 2016 at 9:00 am
Here’s our daily recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Adobe buys audience engagement platform Livefyre
May 3, 2016 by Barry Levine
The move gives Adobe’s Marketing Cloud a bigger capability for user-generated content, and follows its integration with — and investment in – Livefyre.
- Tapjoy launches private in-app ad exchange, powered by Rubicon Project
May 3, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
The launch marks the first time Tapjoy rewarded video inventory is available programmatically.
- Video analytics provider iSpot.tv integrates Facebook metrics into its ad platform
May 3, 2016 by Amy Gesenhues
iSpot.tv ad measurement reports will now include Facebook video views, likes, comments, referrals and shares.
- Instagram’s carousel ads now support 60-second videos
May 3, 2016 by Matt McGee
Taco Bell, Macy’s among major brands already trying the new video carousel ad format.
- Pinterest acquires mobile ad tech talent, but not the tech, because content
May 3, 2016 by Tim Peterson
The URX team’s knack for teaching computers how to recognize and recommend content will be applied to Pinterest’s own content through the acqui-hire.
- Business video platform Wistia adds 360-degree video
May 3, 2016 by Barry Levine
Cambridge, Mass.-based firm sees businesses using 360 for “narrative experiences” and product walkthroughs.
From Around The Web:
- Fiat, Google Plan Partnership on Self-Driving Minivans, Bloomberg
- Here are Google, Amazon, and Facebook’s secrets to hiring the best people, qz.com
- Israeli machine learning Sensiya acquired by Will.i.am’s, www.geektime.com
- Are Chatbots Really The Future Of Web Design?, www.fastcodesign.com
- Bringing HTTPS to all blogspot domain blogs, blogger.googleblog.com
- Improve Your Designs With The Principles Of Similarity And Proximity (Part 1), www.smashingmagazine.com
- 12 Tools to Automate Twitter for Ecommerce Marketing, www.practicalecommerce.com
- Amazon bolsters voice based-platform Alexa with investment in TrackR, www.reuters.com
- Shopping Quizzes is a quiz-based recommendation engine for e-commerce sites, techcrunch.com
- Admoda Celebrates 10th Anniversary By Closing Down, admoda.com
- Alanna Gombert to Succeed Scott Cunningham as General Manager of the IAB Tech Lab, www.businesswire.com
- ScribbleLive Announces Key Updates to Its Engage Product, www.marketwired.com
- Valassis Apio Builds an Exclusive Targeting Connection Between Offline and Online Data, www.valassis.com
- Ad tech is having a premature midlife crisis, digiday.com
- EverString Delivers Breakthrough Evolution of Predictive Marketing, www.martechadvisor.com
- Disappearing messages could be coming to Messenger for iOS, venturebeat.com
- Giphy launches a keyboard for iOS called Giphy Keys, techcrunch.com