Stay marketing-savvy and tech-savvy. Get the latest in martech by subscribing to MarTech Today.
MarTech Today: Adblock Plus’ content payment partnership, next gen virtual assistant Viv & Google’s penalties for mobile redirects
Barry Levine on May 6, 2016 at 9:00 am
Here’s our daily recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Adblock Plus teams up with content funding tool Flattr to pay cooperating publishers
May 5, 2016 by Barry Levine
The newly announced partnership says its goal is to evolve the web into “what it was supposed to have been.”
- 13 content marketing metrics to track for optimum conversions
May 5, 2016 by Khalid Saleh
Are you using the right metrics to measure the success of your content marketing? Columnist Khalid Saleh outlines what you should be focusing on to understand the ROI of your campaign.
- News360 adds native ads to its free publisher analytics
May 5, 2016 by Barry Levine
The news discovery platform says the ads can be targeted toward a million+ different interests among site and app visitors.
- Periscope starts testing a way to #save live broadcasts
May 5, 2016 by Matt McGee
CEO Kayvon Beykpour says a full video management tool is on the way, but for now, a simple hashtag will save any broadcast.
- Social Video Chart: Your at-a-glance guide to 7 major platforms
May 5, 2016 by Marketing Land Staff
A side-by-side feature comparison of the seven major social video players — YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Vine, Snapchat and Tumblr.
- Instagram has started testing its version of Facebook Pages
May 4, 2016 by Tim Peterson
Instagram’s business profiles add a “contact” button for people to email businesses or get directions to their location, per screen shots posted by Later.
- Son of Siri: Viv aims to go way beyond today’s digital assistants
May 5, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Viv hopes to effectively supersede Google as “an intelligent interface to everything.”
- Changing domain names in 2016: 10 easily overlooked steps that can save SEO
May 5, 2016 by Glenn Gabe
Moving your site to a new domain can be fraught with SEO issues, even without a redesign or CMS migration. Columnist Glenn Gabe has some insights on what issues to anticipate and how to handle them.
- Updated: Google penalizes mobile sites using sneaky redirects
May 4, 2016 by Barry Schwartz
Google takes action on mobile sites that trick users into being redirected to an unwanted website from the mobile search results page. This Twitter post was just to remind webmasters not to use sneaky redirects.
From Around The Web:
- Listening Now Integrated in Socialbakers Analytics, www.socialbakers.com
- The Best Typography Tools To Make Your Blog Super User-Friendly, www.problogger.net
- How This CMI Duo Blew Away a Tedious, Unscalable Content Task, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- How Do You Increase Website Domain Authority?, www.blogherald.com
- Next round of new TLDs might be in 2020, domainnamewire.com
- Amazon poaches AI guru from Xerox PARC to work on Alexa virtual assistant, techcrunch.com
- eBay acquires AI-powered big data processor Expertmaker, techcrunch.com
- Infer’s Self-Service Profiling Revolutionizes Predictive Sales and Marketing – Infer: Predictive Lead Scoring for Sales & Marketing, www.infer.com
- Brace Yourself for the Dawn of AI in Your Workplace, www.cmswire.com
- Marketing in a Digital World: Machine Learning is Upping Innovation and Agility, www.martechadvisor.com
- Why Facebook Messenger bots haven’t caught on with publishers, digiday.com
- USA TODAY NETWORK Launches Facebook VR Practices Across Dozens of Newsrooms, media.fb.com