MarTech Today: Project Tango indoor mapping, Instagram’s new analytics & more
Barry Levine on May 17, 2016 at 9:00 am
Here’s our daily recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Google to showcase Project Tango indoor mapping and VR/AR platform at Google I/O
May 16, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Google’s ambitious Tango initiative brings the digital and physical worlds even closer together.
- [WATCH] Marketing Land Live #13: Banned PPC ads, Facebook’s trending controversy & more
May 16, 2016 by Matt McGee
In our latest show, we talk about why Google and Bing banned different types of ads, the impact of Facebook’s Trending Topics controversy and more.
- Early bird rates for SMX Advanced expire Saturday. Register today and save $400!
May 16, 2016 by Marketing Land
If you’re seriously obsessed with SEO and SEM, keep reading to find out what SMX Advanced has in store for you! Register for an All Access Pass by Saturday and pay the early bird rate of $1,895, a $400 savings compared to on-site rates. — The SMX Advanced Conference Team
- Now emails can now stay on Google Customer Match lists indefinitely
May 16, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
Google has removed the membership duration limit for Customer Match emails.
- Instagram’s new analytics give detailed insights
May 16, 2016 by Tamar Weinberg
Instagram is testing detailed analytics for marketers, and the result is looking good.
From Around The Web:
- Google Fiber is the most audacious part of the whole Alphabet, www.recode.net
- Google to phase out full support for Flash on Chrome, www.bbc.com
- The Evolving Future of Web Development | MarTech Advisor, www.martechadvisor.com
- 7 Ecommerce Design Conventions for 2016, www.practicalecommerce.com
- What Neuroscience Can Teach Us About Marketing, www.marketingprofs.com
- BlueHornet Partners with PowerInbox to Deliver Dynamic Email Marketing Capabilities, www.bluehornet.com
- When Will Big Ad Tech Innovation Yield To Incremental Improvements?, adexchanger.com
- Whoa: marketing technology budgets are now surpassing advertising, chiefmartec.com
- Introducing Spaces, a tool for small group sharing, googleblog.blogspot.com
- Facebook’s algorithm is so mysterious, users are developing “folk theories” about how it works, qz.com
- YouTube for iOS now lets you watch videos with Google Cardboard, venturebeat.com