MarTech Today: AdWords’ changes, WP Engine’s Page Performance tool & Twitter’s limit expansion
Barry Levine on May 25, 2016 at 9:00 am
Here’s our daily recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Google announces significant changes to AdWords bidding and text ads
May 24, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
New responsive display ads shows Google’s focus on fulfilling native mobile inventory.
- MobileFuse launches a “curated” open platform for selected publishers
May 24, 2016 by Barry Levine
Mobile ad platform partners with programmatic platform AppNexus to create MFX.
- WATCH: Google lets you speak in natural language & get analytics reports
May 24, 2016 by Danny Sullivan
Think of it as Google Now, Siri or Alexa for Google Analytics. Speak the stat you want, get the answer, courtesy of machine learning.
- WP Engine launches first page-level performance tool intended for WordPress sites
May 24, 2016 by Barry Levine
A one-second page load delay leads to 11 percent fewer page views, so this new dashboard tool is intended to deliver a WordPress-specific tuneup.
- Official: Twitter will stop counting media & usernames against 140-character limit
May 24, 2016 by Matt McGee
Company also plans to make all replies more visible by removing the need to put a period before a username.
- Adobe unveils Spark tool suite for small/medium businesses
May 23, 2016 by Barry Levine
The desktop and mobile tools, including several rebranded ones, allow small businesses to create and post announcements, catalogs, explainer videos and marketing stories.
From Around The Web:
- How to Connect Your WordPress Blog to Medium, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Apple rehires prominent security pro as encryption fight boils, www.reuters.com
- 13 Conversion Boosting WordPress Plugins You Should Be Using in 2016, blog.crazyegg.com
- Bitly’s Got A New Look, bitly.com
- Bluecore Releases Predictive Audiences to Quickly Arm Marketers with ROI-Boosting Insights, www.businesswire.com
- Evergage Launches Evergage for Email, Enabling Companies to Insert Personalized Content and Recommendations into Email Campaigns, www.evergage.com
- HYFN Announces API Integration with Acxiom For New Facebook Custom Audiences, www.businesswire.com
- InsideView Adds Company Technology Profiles to its Industry-Leading Market Intelligence Platform, www.insideview.com
- 5 Marketing Technology Trends on the Horizon, www.martechadvisor.com
- Common Challenges of Marketing-IT Collaborations, www.marketingprofs.com
- How Did Google’s Right Side Ads Impact AdTech? Get the Results., blog.adstage.io
- Most Ad Tech And Mar Tech Companies Should Stick To Data Processing, adexchanger.com
- 12 examples of persuasive mobile UX from ecommerce app Wish, econsultancy.com
- ABC News Embraces 360 Video Storytelling, media.fb.com