MarTech Today: The fading Windows Phone, the top payment processors & the Flash Apocalypse
Barry Levine on May 27, 2016 at 9:00 am
Here’s our daily recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- The not-so-wonderful life of Microsoft’s Windows Phone is almost over
May 26, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Surface tablets have been a hit, and the company may yet introduce a “Surface phone.”
- Know your SEM? Prove it. Enter the SMX Biggest Search Geek Contest
May 26, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
See if you have what it takes to outsmart your peers! The Biggest Search Geek Contest, sponsored by Marin Software, is where the world’s brightest search marketers compete to outsmart fellow search geeks from across the globe.
- Top 10 payment processing companies in the world
May 26, 2016 by Steve Olenski
With hundreds of services to choose from, how do you choose the payment processing company that’s best for your business and your customer’s experience? Columnist Steve Olenski reveals his top choices to help you find the right fit.
- As Flash Apocalypse approaches, here are HTML5 rules of thumb to keep in mind
May 26, 2016 by Barry Levine
On June 30, Google will stop accepting Flash ads. That means learning to love HTML5.
- Catching up on the Google Performance Summit
May 25, 2016 by Danny Sullivan
At Google’s annual event for AdWords and Google Analytics customers, it shared new ad formats, mobile-first bidding options and more.
- The future of voice-related SEO for local business
May 26, 2016 by Chris Marentis
Google’s recent developer event revealed details about how the search giant is thinking about the future. Columnist Chris Marentis shares tips on how local businesses can learn how to be found in the environment that’s taking shape.
From Around The Web:
- Attention Metrics Are Still In Their Infancy, But Some Publishers Are Blazing A Trail, adexchanger.com
- The Top 5 Social Analytics Tools for Small Business Marketers, www.ducttapemarketing.com
- Microsoft, Facebook to build transatlantic subsea cable, www.reuters.com
- A Universal Interface That You Control By Doodling, www.fastcodesign.com
- eBay Virtual Reality Department Store Shows Futureworld Shopping, smallbiztrends.com
- How Backend Web Applications Power Ecommerce Sites, www.practicalecommerce.com
- PayPal is shutting down its Windows Phone, BlackBerry, and Amazon apps, www.theverge.com
- Shutterstock Releases Reverse Image Search on iOS, www.prnewswire.com
- How Artificial Intelligence Is Helping Brands Create Ads Just For You, www.fastcocreate.com
- The Most Popular Messaging App in Every Country, www.similarweb.com
- Reddit launches native image sharing tool, dumps Imgur, digiday.com
- What’s the point of virtual reality?, techcrunch.com