MarTech Today: Lithium launches Klout-powered Reach, Apple’s paid search ads for App Store & more
Here’s our daily recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Lithium launches Reach, a Klout-informed social content marketing tool
Jun 9, 2016 by Barry Levine
The data-driven insights, the company said, help marketers avoid “throwing spaghetti at walls” to see what kinds of social content stick.
- Google Analytics begins breaking out iOS traffic by model (when it can)
Jun 8, 2016 by Matt McGee
When iOS user agents include a specific device model, Google Analytics now lists them separately in the Mobile > Devices report.
- Improve the customer experience by understanding customer-managed journeys
Jun 8, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
Businesses need to shift their focus to the customer-managed journey as opposed to the static, “mapped” customer journey.
- Yandex updates their version of PageRank named Thematic Index of Citation (TIC)
Jun 9, 2016 by Barry Schwartz
The Russian search engine, Yandex, has updated their TIC scores, and webmasters took notice.
- Apple gets into the SEM business with paid-search for app developers
Jun 8, 2016 by Greg Sterling
The possibility of an AdWords-like paid search model for the iOS App Store was first raised in April in a Bloomberg Report.
From Around The Web:
- WordPress.org Vs. WordPress.com Infographic: How To Choose The Right Platform For You, blog.crazyegg.com
- Google co-founder Larry Page is secretly building flying cars, www.theverge.com
- 6 UX Design Trends To Follow In 2016, usabilitygeek.com
- Contextual Web trumps responsive design for mobile-first experiences: Forrester Research, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- How to run successful website load tests, www.internetretailer.com
- Tag, You’re Not It: How AI Improves Website CX, www.cmswire.com
- Cedato Rolls Out Open Video API for Customizable Native Video Experiences, PR Web
- Leading Brands Select CloudCraze for B2B Commerce on Salesforce, www.cloudcraze.com
- 4 Things to Remember When Designing Continuous Apps, www.cmswire.com
- Introducing Nearby: A new way to discover the things around you, android.googleblog.com
- Everyone Really Needs to Stop Freaking Out About the New Instagram Algorithm, www.marketingprofs.com
- In defense of Facebook algorithms and programmable news, digiday.com
- Introducing 360 Photos on Facebook, media.fb.com
- Twitter updates Fabric mobile app with new usage metrics: DAU, MAU, and retention, venturebeat.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech Today. Staff authors are listed here.