MarTech Today: Microsoft buys LinkedIn, software that writes & Siri comes to Macs
Here’s our daily recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web. From Marketing Land: Microsoft buys LinkedIn for $26.2 billion Jun 13, 2016 by Greg Sterling Microsoft will integrate LinkedIn into its productivity tools and vice versa. LinkedIn CEO Weiner will continue to run LinkedIn […]
Here’s our daily recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Microsoft buys LinkedIn for $26.2 billion
Jun 13, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Microsoft will integrate LinkedIn into its productivity tools and vice versa. LinkedIn CEO Weiner will continue to run LinkedIn under CEO Nadella
- Someday, this story may be written by a computer
Jun 13, 2016 by Barry Levine
Computers are already graduating from writing financial reports and short marketing messages to self-creating ads and attempts at essays.
- [WATCH] Marketing Land Live #17: Apple gets into paid search, Snapchat’s new Discover tab & more
Jun 13, 2016 by Matt McGee
In our latest weekly video show, we talk about paid search adds in Apple’s App Store, Snapchat’s contrarian view about using sound in videos and more.
- Apple brings Siri to Mac, new exposure for non-Google search engines
Jun 13, 2016 by Danny Sullivan
Soon, you will finally be able to search the web from your Mac desktop — and Google won’t be a default provider.
From Around The Web:
- Predictive Analytics for B2B Sales and Marketing has Certainly Crossed the Chasm, www.martechadvisor.com
- Salesforce.com Inc hires prominent hacking expert Trey Ford, www.reuters.com
- Satya Nadella email to employees on acquisition of LinkedIn, news.microsoft.com
- 10 Statistics Traps in A/B Testing: The Ultimate Guide for Optimizers, conversionxl.com
- Four Web Development Technologies That Marketers Need to Know Now, www.marketingprofs.com
- The Upside of Darwinian MarTech Soup, www.cmswire.com
- Yahoo is killing its old Messenger app on August 5, venturebeat.com
- Digital Video Can’t Thrive Until We Resolve Its Data Challenges, adexchanger.com
- GE gets aboard the Facebook Live bandwagon, digiday.com
- Why VR is the next big thing for brands, techcrunch.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech Today. Staff authors are listed here.