MarTech Today: Impact Radius adds Forensiq, Apple Maps becomes a platform & more
Barry Levine on June 15, 2016 at 9:00 am
Here’s our daily recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Tracking platform Impact Radius buys anti-ad fraud service Forensiq
Jun 14, 2016 by Barry Levine
Acquisition creates what the newly combined company says is the first such service with a built-in, major anti-fraud capability.
- Here’s my exclusive look into SMX Advanced, only 1 week away
Jun 14, 2016 by Chris Sherman
Search Engine Land’s SMX Advanced, the only search marketing conference designed exclusively for experienced internet marketers, is returning to Seattle June 22–23. Here’s a preview of what to expect.
- Survey: Android Pay most used payment app, security fears holding adoption back
Jun 14, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Survey found that P2P payments were growing faster than in-store mobile payments, driven by Millennials.
- For first time, Urban Airship and Sprint use mobile wallet passes as sweepstakes entries
Jun 14, 2016 by Barry Levine
The updatable pass stores the entries, as well as links, text and imagery, and becomes an ongoing mobile channel unless deleted.
- API limitations & fluctuations lead to the end of social insights tool ThinkUp
Jun 14, 2016 by Greg Finn
The changing permission (& API) tides have sunk ThinkUp, the social insights tool started by Anil Dash & Gina Trapani.
- Here’s a script to track your AdWords spend every hour of the day
Jun 14, 2016 by Daniel Gilbert
Former Googler Daniel Gilbert shares a script from Brainlabs that will send you an email every hour with your AdWords spend.
- Apple Maps becomes a platform with new extensions for third-party apps
Jun 13, 2016 by Greg Sterling
The move parallels Apple’s decision to open up Siri and Messages to developers.
From Around The Web:
- Google Fiber’s next city could be Dallas, venturebeat.com
- Jim Lanzone Named Chief Digital Officer for CBS Corp., variety.com
- Here are the most well-designed apps of 2016, according to Apple, techcrunch.com
- How often your website needs a security audit & what you need to check, econsultancy.com
- How to Speed Up WordPress: A Comprehensive Guide for 2016, www.wpexplorer.com
- It’s vital that web design takes human psychology into account – not just the latest technology, www.econsultancy.com
- To Solve Major UX Problems, Try A Swarm Session, www.fastcodesign.com
- Why a Website Redesign Doesn’t Always Work, vwo.com
- Algorithmic Pricing Is Creating An Arms Race On Amazon’s Marketplace, www.fastcoexist.com
- BriteVerify Announces Platform Integration with SendGrid, www.prweb.com
- LiveRamp Integrates With Facebook’s Offline Conversions API, Business Wire
- Wistia Announces Vulcan, New Video Player Provides Enhanced Capabilities to Businesses and an Improved Viewer Experience, www.businesswire.com
- AdTech Merger Intensifies Fight On Ad Fraud, www.cmswire.com
- How The ANA Rebate Controversy Could Impact Ad Tech, adexchanger.com
- The Most Important Metric is Trust: How Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence Can Help Pave the Way to Publisher Success, www.martechadvisor.com
- What 300 million users taught Kik about chatbots, venturebeat.com
- What Apple’s differential privacy means for your data and the future of machine learning, techcrunch.com