MarTech Today: Hashtag sites, Google’s Optimize 360 & voice search explosion
Here’s our daily recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Startup Hi-Fi launches mobile news feed of publisher content, selectable by hashtags
Jun 20, 2016 by Barry Levine
These “Tag Topics,” the company said, let publishers control their content and mobile users control their info overload.
- Facebook’s web app-like Canvas ads can now run as organic Page posts
Jun 20, 2016 by Tim Peterson
Facebook will let Page owners use the interactive Canvas ad format for organic Page posts in a bid to get people to spend more time in the social network.
- Facebook keynote opens Marketing Land’s Social Pro conference
Jun 20, 2016 by Matt McGee
Wei Kuan Lum, Facebook’s Head of SMB Business Marketing, to talk about where the company is headed and what it’ll mean and offer for marketers.
- [WATCH] Marketing Land Live #18: Apple’s WWDC news, MSFT buys LinkedIn, Facebook “all video” & more
Jun 20, 2016 by Matt McGee
Will Facebook’s News Feed someday be all video? Will Siri’s move to desktop impact Google? Will Microsoft and LinkedIn be a good marriage? Those topics and more are discussed in our latest weekly video show.
- Google’s Optimize 360 creates exciting opportunities for testing & personalization
Jun 20, 2016 by Nick Iyengar
Google’s Analytics 360 Suite offers a bevy of new solutions for enterprise marketers. Columnist Nick Iyengar walks you through his favorite, Optimize 360, and explains how to get started and what it can do for you.
- LISTEN: SocialPro Conference Preview Podcast
Jun 20, 2016 by Marketing Land
Marketing Land’s Social Media reporter Tim Peterson chats with special guest speakers from our SocialPro Conference happening in Seattle, Washington, Monday and Tuesday June 20-21st.
- The voice search explosion and how it will change local search
Jun 20, 2016 by Wesley Young
Voice search usage is seeing unprecedented growth, with personal assistant devices leading the way. Columnist Wesley Young explores why this new medium is taking off, how it differs from keyword searches, and the challenges for local businesses to compete on yet another platform.
From Around The Web:
- Building the perfect analytics stack: It’s now about choice and customization, venturebeat.com
- Lionbridge Integrates its Industry-Leading onDemand Translation Platform with WordPress, www.lionbridge.com
- Can You Teach AI To Design? Wix Thinks So, www.fastcodesign.com
- How Brands Can Win in today’s New Era of Programmatic Email, www.martechadvisor.com
- The Dirty Little Secret of Marketing Tech, adage.com
- Is Google AMP Really A Silver Bullet for Mobile Content?, www.cmswire.com
- Increasing our Investment in Machine Learning, www.Twitter.com
- Tumblr to launch live video on Tuesday, techcrunch.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech Today. Staff authors are listed here.