Stay marketing-savvy and tech-savvy. Get the latest in martech by subscribing to MarTech Today.
MarTech Today: UberMedia’s “GeoSpace,” data visualization theory & Mozilla’s new content recommendation project
Barry Levine on July 14, 2016 at 9:00 am
Here’s our recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Don’t call it a “geofence.” UberMedia introduces the “Optimal GeoSpace”
Jul 13, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Company’s dynamic targeting is based on actual foot traffic patterns throughout the day and is specific to each location.
- Marketers look to climb aboard the Pokémon Go phenomenon
Jul 13, 2016 by Barry Levine
A week since its launch, the game of finding imaginary creatures in the real world has turned augmented reality into a major marketing tool.
- A brief introduction to data visualization theory for marketers
Jul 13, 2016 by Paul Shapiro
We marketers work with a lot of data, but how can we present these data in an easily understandable way? Check out this primer on data visualization by columnist Paul Shapiro.
- Mozilla envisions a new kind of crowd-sourced content recommendation
Jul 12, 2016 by Barry Levine
The goal of its new Context Graph project: Help users find useful content, based on what other users have found useful for that topic.
From Around The Web:
- Big Data Analytics Success Depends on These 3 Ingredients, www.cmswire.com
- What is predictive analytics and how could you use it?, www.econsultancy.com
- Google acquires team behind website sharing app Kifi, shutting it down soon, venturebeat.com
- How to Add Custom Styles to the WordPress Visual Editor, www.wpexplorer.com
- Amazon has reduced Alexa’s mistakes in completing tasks by a factor of 2, venturebeat.com
- Hangouts for Android will add video messaging feature that’s been on iOS version for months, venturebeat.com
- Essential Tools and Tactics for Video on Social, www.newswhip.com