MarTech Today: Evolution of marketing platforms, location data’s predictive power & Beco’s first battery-free beacon
Here’s our daily recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web. From Marketing Land: The evolution of marketing platforms: From automation to journeys Jul 18, 2016 by Barry Levine The next generation of marketing automation is emerging, and it’s more focused on machine-informed journeys than […]
Barry Levine on July 19, 2016 at 9:00 am
Here’s our daily recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- The evolution of marketing platforms: From automation to journeys
Jul 18, 2016 by Barry Levine
The next generation of marketing automation is emerging, and it’s more focused on machine-informed journeys than rule-based campaigns.
- Mobile-location data predicted Sports Authority’s demise and reveals the retailers that may benefit from it
Jul 18, 2016 by Greg Sterling
NinthDecimal analysis of consumer store visits shows broader value of retail foot traffic data.
- Lowest rates for SMX East go up Saturday. Lock in the best savings today!
Jul 18, 2016 by Marketing Land
Searching for the best performing SEO and SEM tactics? Look no further than SMX East, the most highly anticipated search marketing conference on the East Coast. SMX East returns to New York City September 27–29 — secure your seat today and lock in the best conference rates available!
- Beco offers first battery-free beacon, which can run indefinitely on existing lighting
Jul 15, 2016 by Greg Sterling
We’re several years into the beacon and “Internet of Things” era, and only in the past year are we starting to move beyond pilot-stage implementations. Beacons have been most closely associated with retail in-store marketing (e.g., offers), but they have a much wider array of uses.
From Around The Web:
- Conversational Interfaces: Where Are We Today? Where Are We Heading?, www.smashingmagazine.com
- How The Atlantic, Slate and others obsess about user experience, digiday.com
- Understanding the New E.U. Privacy Shield, for Ecommerce, www.practicalecommerce.com
- MarTech Health Checkup: Think Evolution, Not Revolution, www.martechadvisor.com
- The Benefits of Nurturing a Martech Culture, www.marketingprofs.com
- Google is still working on a standalone headset, www.engadget.com
- 10 Awesome Image Creation Tools, www.internetmarketingninjas.com
- 8 Ways to Customize Slack for Social Media Marketers, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Introducing Microsoft Stream: the secure destination to manage and share videos for businesses of all sizes, blogs.microsoft.com