MarTech Today: SEO issues and HTTPS, “Do Not Track” requests & more
Barry Levine on July 25, 2016 at 9:00 am
Here’s our daily recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Is your HTTPS setup causing SEO issues?
Jul 22, 2016 by Tony Edward
Although Google has stated that sites using HTTPS will be given a minor rankings boost, many websites have experienced losses due to improper implementation. Columnist Tony Edward discusses common issues and how to fix them.
- Hulu has joined this list of major platforms that ignore Do Not Track requests
Jul 22, 2016 by Tim Peterson
Out of 14 major web platforms, only Medium, Pinterest, Reddit, Twitter and Yahoo respond to Do Not Track requests, though not always.
- Do you have what it takes to be a martech genius?
Jul 22, 2016 by Marketing Land
How well do you know marketing technologies? Do you know what makes a martech stack world-class, or the difference between ABM and CRM? Put yourself to the test with the MarTech Challenge! Get your score in less than three minutes, then challenge a friend or colleague. Take the quiz!
- Drive unified digital customer experiences with better technology strategies
Jul 21, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
Digital customer experience has become a key business differentiator, and application development and delivery (AD&D) leaders of front-office, web, mobile and digital development must step up to support their firm’s initiatives.
- Pokémon Go, augmented reality and the future of local marketing
Jul 22, 2016 by Brian Smith
What might the popular new mobile game mean for local marketers? Columnist Brian Smith explores.
From Around The Web:
- BuzzFeed Poaches Pinterest Exec to Build Out Its Ad Analytics Capabilities, www.adweek.com
- Verizon Said to Be Close to $5 Billion Deal for Yahoo, adage.com
- 12 Marketing Automation Hacks That Will Surprise You, www.jeffbullas.com
- Bot influencers are the programmatic future of conversational advertising, techcrunch.com
- New Study Reveals Marketers Face Significant ROI Measurement Challenges Even With Widespread Use of Martech and Adtech, www.dataxu.com
- EFF Files Lawsuit Challenging DMCA’s Restrictions on Security Researchers, threatpost.com
- 5 Hacks for Mission Impossible: Bring Back Your Facebook Organic Reach, smallbiztrends.com
- Facebook’s new open source project makes it easier to get started with React, techcrunch.com
- Why Every Small Business Needs YouTube Director for Business, www.wordstream.com