MarTech Today: Adwords Automated Bidding, Mobile App Measurement & No Google SEO Certification
Here’s our recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web. From Marketing Land: AdWords Automated Bidding Gets An Overhaul: Welcome, Portfolio Bid Strategies Feb 12, 2016 by Ginny Marvin Terminology changes come with some new functionality, including the ability to set different CPA targets at […]
Barry Levine on February 15, 2016 at 9:00 am
Here’s our recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- AdWords Automated Bidding Gets An Overhaul: Welcome, Portfolio Bid Strategies
Feb 12, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
Terminology changes come with some new functionality, including the ability to set different CPA targets at the ad group level within the same bid strategy.
- AT&T Launches “Hello Lab” So Online Stars Can Lure Young Mobile Users
Feb 12, 2016 by Barry Levine
The effort, with youth media company Fullscreen, calls for 10 mobile-created projects to engage young audiences via YouTube, Snapchat, and elsewhere.
- Cracking The Black Box of Digital Measurement: Mobile Apps
Feb 12, 2016 by L. Erik Bratt
Columnist L. Erik Bratt discusses why you need to have the right strategy and tools to bring you insights into how users are engaging with your mobile apps.
- A Layman’s Visual Guide To Google’s Knowledge Graph Search API
Feb 12, 2016 by Barbara Starr
Columnist Barbara Starr delves into the recently released Knowledge Graph Search API and discusses how SEOs might use this data.
- Google Won’t Provide SEO Certifications To Webmasters Or SEO Companies
Feb 12, 2016 by Barry Schwartz
Google will likely never provide SEO certification, and here is why.
- Google Mobile Image Search Adds Drop-Down & Other UI Changes
Feb 12, 2016 by Barry Schwartz
Google added a drop-down menu on the image search result page for mobile devices and tweaked some more user interface features.
From Around The Web:
- Why The Multi-Channel Funnels And Acquisition Reports Don’t Get Along, www.annielytics.com
- ‘I Run My Blog More Like a Television Network’: Inside Shopify’s Next-Level Newsroom, contently.com
- Moving on from Picasa, googlephotos.blogspot.com
- Free Fonts With Personality, www.smashingmagazine.com
- PayPal Commerce Matches Stripe With PayPal’s Own Native Shopping Toolkit For Apps, techcrunch.com
- Nasdaq to Acquire Marketwired, www.nasdaqomx.com
- A Valentine’s Day ode to marketing tech entrepreneurs, chiefmartec.com
- Buying Versus Building Technology: Which is right for you?, sherpablog.marketingsherpa.com
- Facial-Tracking Technology Shows These 5 Super Bowl Ads Were the Most Engaging, www.adweek.com
- Have You Made Friends with Your IT Department?, www.silverpop.com
- Quartz’s new app wants to text you the news, www.theverge.com
- Sendbird Looks To Help Developers Add Chat Functions To Any App, techcrunch.com
- Pinterest open-sources its Teletraan tool for deploying code, venturebeat.com
- Why Facebook And Google Analytics Don’t Add Up, PPC Hero
- YouTube Acquires BandPage To Attract Musicians With Money-Making Tools, techcrunch.com