MarTech Today: Beacons in baseball stadiums, WooCommerce supports Square & more
Barry Levine on August 2, 2016 at 9:00 am
Here’s our daily recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Report: 93 percent of US baseball stadiums have deployed beacons
Aug 1, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Sports teams that have deployed beacons and proximity technologies have seen an ROI as big as 40X in incremental revenue.
- [WATCH] Marketing Land Live #22: Verizon buys Yahoo, earnings week & more
Aug 1, 2016 by Matt McGee
In this week’s show, we talk about Yahoo’s future with Verizon/AOL, and a big week of earnings for almost everyone but Twitter.
- Automattic’s WooCommerce ecommerce platform now connects with Square
Jul 29, 2016 by Barry Levine
WooCommerce, a WordPress plugin, says this was its most requested integration.
From Around The Web:
- Why You Should Use a WordPress CSS Live Editor Plugin, www.wpexplorer.com
- Google Recommends You Update Links After Moving Domains But No Critical Loss, Search Engine Roundtable
- Refine Your Personalization Efforts by Ditching Tech-First Tendencies, www.cmswire.com
- Martech and marketing technologists go mainstream — 3 key stats, chiefmartec.com
- The pros and cons of using Amazon Alexa as a model for chatbots, venturebeat.com
- 9 Useful Facebook Messenger Chatbots: Marketing Examples to Learn From, www.internetmarketingninjas.com
- Android will now send push notifications when new devices are added to your account, techcrunch.com
- Adding YouTube and Calendar to the HTTPS Transparency Report, security.googleblog.com
- Topnotch Facebook Plugins for WordPress, www.wpexplorer.com
- Google says 97% of connections to YouTube are now encrypted, techcrunch.com
- Poor User Experience Holding Back The Video Advertising Industry, adexchanger.com
- YouTube Engineering and Developers Blog: YouTube’s road to HTTPS, youtube-eng.blogspot.com