MarTech Today: Bids for Yahoo, thinking like a data company & 20 years of search engines
Here’s our daily recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Bids to buy Yahoo are due today, Verizon is the favorite [Report]
Apr 18, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Many of the big names mentioned have dropped out, including Time, Google, Comcast, AT&T and IAC Corp.
- SocialPro rates increase Saturday. Save $300!
Apr 18, 2016 by Marketing Land
Super early bird rates go up end of day Saturday. Register today and lock in the lowest rates for SocialPro.
- [VIDEO] Marketing Land Live #9: Facebook F8 recap, marketing bots, Amazon SEO & more
Apr 18, 2016 by Matt McGee
Watch our latest episode of Marketing Land Live, where Greg Finn, Danny Sullivan and Matt McGee talk about the big marketing news from the past week.
- Why agencies and marketers need to think and act like data companies
Apr 18, 2016 by James Green
It’s no longer enough to offer compelling creative. Columnist James Green says marketing agencies need to tap into the power of data if they want to satisfy clients and drive results.
- 10 big changes with search engines over my 20 years of covering them
Apr 18, 2016 by Danny Sullivan
Search Engine Land founding editor Danny Sullivan looks at how search has changed over the two decades he’s been writing about it.
- Google Toolbar PageRank officially goes dark
Apr 18, 2016 by Barry Schwartz
A month or so after Google told us they would be removing the 1-to-10 PageRank scores from their toolbar feeds, they removed it this past Friday.
From Around The Web:
- Discover 5 Key Ways to Evaluate the Quality of the Data, www.martechadvisor.com
- How to Craft a Data Management Plan that Pays You Back, blog.kissmetrics.com
- 21 tiny design features that show Apple’s incredible attention to detail, venturebeat.com
- How chatbots are going to redefine retail customer service, www.retaildive.com
- 5 Social Media Management Tools to Save Time, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- The ghost in the machine: When ad-tech comes to life, digiday.com
- Facebook Hopes Chatbots Can Solve App Overload, www.wsj.com
- So You Want to Integrate Messaging Into Your App, www.cmswire.com
- What Netflix and BuzzFeed Can Teach Brands About Building Seamless Experiences, www.adweek.com
- Will chatbot, Snapchat popularity push branded apps to the wayside?, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- 11 Platforms for Social Media Contests, www.practicalecommerce.com
- Facebook Messenger’s David Marcus on the rocky rollout of bots, www.theverge.com
- 4 Virtual Reality Rules for Brands, contently.com
- 5 things to consider before you advertise in virtual reality, venturebeat.com
- Background Buffer in YouTube’s Android App, googlesystem.blogspot.com
- Clay Bavor, Google’s VP of VR, on His Plan to Make Virtual Reality Amazing for Everyone, Wired
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech Today. Staff authors are listed here.