MarTech Today: The billboard channel, assessing Facebook’s (reported) video chat device & the impact of GDPR
Barry Levine on August 3, 2017 at 9:00 am
From MarTech Today:
- Mobile-location data turns out-of-home billboards into ‘digital channel’
Aug 2, 2017 by Greg Sterling
Clear Channel-Cuebiq partnership used mobile location data to show 264 percent lift in gym visits from OOH campaign.
- How to bridge the gap between brand and direct response marketing
Aug 2, 2017 by Alison Lohse
How do you reach common ground between brand and direct response campaigns? Columnist Alison Lohse says we need new metrics and more granular data to help bridge the divide between the two.
- What Facebook’s (reported) video chat device could mean for its ad business
Aug 2, 2017 by Ginny Marvin
With new methods of data collection, Facebook could potentially power ads based on what it hears and sees in users’ physical worlds.
From Marketing Land:
- Buyer’s Guide: Marketing Automation Matrix
Aug 2, 2017 by Digital Marketing Depot
The marketing automation marketplace is experiencing exponential growth and it’s not expected to slow anytime soon. Because the industry is nebulous in nature, vendor choices can vary drastically – with some systems focused exclusively on sales funnel automation and others focused heavily on search engine optimization.
- The impact of GDPR on marketing technology and cybersecurity
Aug 2, 2017 by Travis Wright
How should you prepare for the European privacy regulation going into effect next year? Contributor Travis Wright explains the GDPR’s provisions and outlines one approach to compliance.
- Facebook will rank links to slow-loading pages lower in people’s news feeds
Aug 2, 2017 by Tim Peterson
Facebook’s algorithm will estimate how long it takes a page to load from its mobile app and use that information when ranking people’s feeds.
- [Survey] Marketing organizations in the age of martech
Aug 2, 2017 by Michelle Robbins
Scott Brinker is conducting a survey to assess organizational transformation in the wake of digital transformation.
From Around The Web:
- 5 Types of Tools Every Fast-Growing E-commerce Business Should Consider, The Blog Herald
- Cuebiq Introduces New IoT Audiences, Giving Marketers Insight into IoT Device Usage Data, PR Web
- How The Cloud Will Disrupt The Ad Tech Stack, AdExchanger
- The Honeymoon Period for Chatbots, Razor Social
- The iOS 11 Update Gives Mobile Marketers a Chance for a Do-Over, CMS Wire
- How wannabe Instagram influencers use bots to appear popular, Digiday
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech Today. Staff authors are listed here.