MarTech Today: Blockchain-based identity, the impact of GDPR on martech & programmatic’s future
Here’s our daily recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on MarTech Today, Marketing Land and other places across the web. From MarTech Today: How blockchain-based identity could change digital marketing May 15, 2017 by Barry Levine The MetaMask plug-in turns Chrome into a blockchain browser, offering a glimpse of how a new kind […]
Barry Levine on May 16, 2017 at 9:00 am
From MarTech Today:
- How blockchain-based identity could change digital marketing
May 15, 2017 by Barry Levine
The MetaMask plug-in turns Chrome into a blockchain browser, offering a glimpse of how a new kind of consumer identity and e-commerce might work.
- GDPR: Publishers and martech will rely on each other
May 15, 2017 by Todd Ruback
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) goes into effect next year, and the impact on the martech industry will be significant. Columnist Todd Ruback explains how it’s already changing the dynamic between publishers and martech vendors.
From Marketing Land:
- Let’s get visual: Shopping from within images
May 12, 2017 by Christi Olson
Columnist Christi Olson outlines exciting developments that bring image search and shopping together to enhance the search experience for users.
- What can legacy media teach us about programmatic’s future?
May 12, 2017 by Chuck Moran
Digital technologies revolutionized the way we consume media, but columnist Chuck Moran wonders if there are some elements of old media (print, TV) that advertisers might take back if we could.
- The future of B2B marketing: ABM and AI
May 12, 2017 by Peter Isaacson
Columnist Peter Isaacson believes Account-Based Marketing and artificial intelligence hold big promise for bringing B2B marketers closer to delivering personal, one-to-one customer experiences.
- VoiceLabs launches audio ads for Alexa skills
May 12, 2017 by Greg Sterling
Company is seeing a lot of advertiser demand from CPG companies, says CEO.
- Canonical tags are easy, right? What’s the worst that could happen?
May 12, 2017 by Patrick Stox
Columnist Patrick Stox outlines when to use the canonical tag, as well as some common problems that occur during implementation.
From Around The Web:
- 15+ Static Site Generators to Complement Your Headless CMS, CMS Wire
- Fluid Responsive Typography With CSS Poly Fluid Sizing, mashing Magazine
- How to Conduct Quick & Thorough Page Speed Audits, Search Engine Journal
- How to design for the user…and the bot, VentureBeat
- InfiniteWP vs ManageWP: Which is the Better WordPress Management Tool?, WPExplorer
- Cloud-Based Wake Word Verification Improves “Alexa” Wake Word Accuracy on Your AVS Products, developer.amazon.com
- FTC and Federal, State and International Partners Announce Major Crackdown on Tech Support Scams, FTC
- How Good Are Marketers at Personalizing Their Email, Mobile & Web Marketing?, MarketingProfs
- 5 Ways to Ensure Your Martech Platform Delivers Optimal ROI, MarTech Advisor
- Exploring the Disconnect Between Marketing Speed and IT Operations as Brands Speed MarTech Investment, MarTech Advisor
- Facebook’s new research tool is designed to create a truly conversational AI, The Verge
- Should Chatbots Be a Part of Your Marketing Strategy?, Duct Tape Marketing
- Walk before you run: Marketers must get the basics right before they turn to AI, Econsultancy
- What businesses are failing to see about AI, VentureBeat
- Google is beefing up its web app review process to prevent another phishing attack, The Verge
- 12 Online Tools to Produce Video Content, Practical Ecommerce