MarTech Today: Boosting info security, Kik’s Bot Shop & demand-side platforms
Here’s our daily recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Marketing technologists: Here are eight steps to boost your info security
Apr 5, 2016 by Barry Levine
SapientNitro CTO Sheldon Monteiro summarizes his MarTech 2016 presentation on this evergreen topic.
- Merger of Experticity and ReadyPulse combines offline and online influencers
Apr 5, 2016 by Barry Levine
Newly enlarged company says it is the first to provide an influencer service ranging from a passionate salesperson in a store to a product-touting Instagram post.
- Kik opens Bot Shop to encourage more fun and engaging chat
Apr 5, 2016 by Tamar Weinberg
To make its chats more fun for users, Kik launches a Bot Shop and encourages developers to get on the bandwagon to build engaging bots for the platform.
- MarTech Landscape: What is a demand-side platform (DSP)?
Apr 4, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
Find out why digital advertising buyers turn to DSPs to manage programmatic ad buys.
- Dark search, dark social & everything in between
Apr 5, 2016 by Maggie Malek
Certain types of web traffic do not pass referral information on to our analytics programs, making it difficult to properly track these visits. Contributor Maggie Malek recaps a session from SMX West detailing how to handle this “dark” web traffic.
- 7 fundamental technical SEO questions to answer with a log analysis (and how to easily do it)
Apr 5, 2016 by Aleyda Solis
According to columnist Aleyda Solis, a thorough analysis of your server logs can help uncover SEO insights you might not have gleaned otherwise.
From Around The Web:
- 3 Instagram Analytics Tools for Marketers, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- What Sentiment Analysis Can Do for Your Brand, www.marketingprofs.com
- Disqus releases first iPhone app w/ support for tracking comments & discussions, more, 9to5mac.com
- Medium Unveils Tools, Monetization Options For Publishers, adage.com
- A Simple Web Developer’s Guide To Color, www.smashingmagazine.com
- PX Design: Tailored User eXperience For Individuals, www.searchenginepeople.com
- Etsy launches Pattern, an online store builder to take on Squarespace and Shopify, thenextweb.com
- As Marketers Take Control of Ad Tech, Complexity Follows, adage.com
- Great CX Starts With Analytics, MarTech #eMetrics, www.cmswire.com
- Top 10 mobile payments developments of Q1, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Facebook begins using artificial intelligence to describe photos to blind users, www.theverge.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech Today. Staff authors are listed here.