MarTech Today: A bot premieres a Super Bowl ad, Moz Local adds Google My Business data & back to the future
Here’s our daily recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on MarTech Today, Marketing Land and other places across the web. From MarTech Today: A bot for Kia Motors today becomes first to debut a new Super Bowl ad Feb 1, 2017 by Barry Levine The ad, promoting the eco-angles of Kia’s new Niro […]
Barry Levine on February 2, 2017 at 9:00 am
From MarTech Today:
- A bot for Kia Motors today becomes first to debut a new Super Bowl ad
Feb 1, 2017 by Barry Levine
The ad, promoting the eco-angles of Kia’s new Niro crossover SUV, stars Melissa McCarthy on a mission to save the planet.
- Moz Local now provides data from Google My Business
Feb 1, 2017 by Barry Levine
The new info allows businesses to directly check what actions customers are taking after Google searches, and how that affects campaigns.
- Back to the future with the Engagement Economy
Feb 1, 2017 by Chandar Pattabhiram
Columnist Chandar Pattabhiram explains the new Engagement Economy — a world where everyone and everything is connected, fundamentally shifting the relationships between buyers and sellers.
From Marketing Land:
- Act now: SMX West early bird rates expire next week
Feb 1, 2017 by Marketing Land
Join us at SMX West March 21–23 for three days of SEO and SEM tactics, growth hacks and strategies that will improve your search marketing performance immediately. Register now and save $200 off on-site rates.
- Snapchat rolls out QR-style ‘Snapcodes’ to open links in app
Jan 31, 2017 by Tim Peterson
Snapchat will provide in-app analytics for Snapcodes that are scanned at least 100 times.
- Facebook updates News Feed algorithm to show more timely and authentic stories
Jan 31, 2017 by Tamar Weinberg
Facebook’s combating fake news by improving its News Feed algorithm based on two new signals.
From Around The Web:
- How to Build a Better Lead Form, Contently
- The Future of Augmented Reality and Online Shopping, Multichannel Marketer
- Global Digital Marketing Group Introduces Data-Driven Programmatic Buying Solution, Market Wired
- New Smartling Mobile Delivery Network Solves Android and iOS Mobile App Localization Challenges, Market Wired
- “A lot of it is taped together”: Confessions of an ad tech software engineer, Digiday
- Artificial Intelligence, Virtual Reality and the Future of Digital Marketing, CMS Wire
- Building Blocks: Andrea Moe, Senior Director of Marketing at Videa Talks Marketing Tech, MarTech Advisor
- US Lags Behind Other Countries in Plans to Add Most Marketing Tech Tools, eMarketer
- Why Personalization is the Key to AdTech in 2017, MarTech Advisor
- AI is going mobile, VentureBeat
- Facebook reportedly creating app to bring videos to the television, VentureBeat
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech Today. Staff authors are listed here.