Stay marketing-savvy and tech-savvy. Get the latest in martech by subscribing to MarTech Today.
MarTech Today: Brave browser’s ad-substitution, SurveyMonkey’s mobile analytics & HTML5 ad tool
Barry Levine on April 12, 2016 at 9:00 am
Here’s our daily recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Newspapers try to block Brave browser’s ad-substitution business model
Apr 8, 2016 by Greg Sterling
As ad blockers try to monetize with their own ads, are they committing trademark or copyright infringement? Newspapers argue they are.
- Act now: SMX Advanced super early bird rates expire this Saturday
Apr 11, 2016 by Marketing Land
SMX Advanced rates increase Saturday. Register now for the lowest rates. Here’s what’s in store.
- SurveyMonkey adds mobile analytics to its resume
Apr 11, 2016 by Barry Levine
The new SurveyMonkey Intelligence offers free and premium accounts for accessing data from hundreds of thousands of participating mobile users.
- [VIDEO] Marketing Land Live #8: Facebook Live video, Tweet length research & more
Apr 11, 2016 by Matt McGee
If you missed our latest episode, watch the video replay below featuring Amy Gesenhues, Tim Peterson, Greg Sterling and Greg Finn.
- Visual analysis of AdWords data: a primer
Apr 11, 2016 by David Fothergill
Columnist David Fothergill shows how data visualization can unlock insights about AdWords performance you may not have gleaned otherwise.
- Test & validate your HTML5 display ads with new IAB tool
Apr 11, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
The industry group also updated its HTML5 for Digital Advertising Guide.
- Customer service provider 7 ports its chat bot/live agent service to Facebook Messenger
Apr 11, 2016 by Barry Levine
Tag team offering is the latest sign that the popular messaging app is becoming a major channel for customer interaction.
- Understanding intent through voice search
Apr 11, 2016 by Sponsored Content: Bing Ads
Bing and Google are looking at the future of search, and both are seeing a future that involves search engines as the intelligence platform powering digital assistance with daily life — personalized help that enables people to get more done efficiently and spend real time focused on what they care about most.
- Don’t trust Google to structure your local data
Apr 11, 2016 by Andrew Shotland
As Google increasingly incorporates direct answers and other types of featured snippets into search results pages, columnist Andrew Shotland points out that businesses may want to get smarter about marking up their pages.
From Around The Web:
- Best Affiliate Plugins For Your WordPress Website, authoritylabs.com
- Socialbakers Launches Predictive Analytics, www.socialbakers.com
- 19 Free Website Design Tools, www.practicalecommerce.com
- WordPress.com enables HTTPS with Let’s Encrypt for new hosted sites with custom domains, will soon expand support to 1M+ sites currently using custom domains, en.blog.wordpress.com
- The Real Reasons That Amazon’s Alexa May Become The Go-To AI For The Home, www.fastcompany.com
- How Do You Build a Marketing Technology Roadmap Today?, www.cmswire.com
- How to Master Cross-Device Ad Targeting, company-enterprise.myshopify.com
- Weather Company’s Webster Touts the Power of Forecast Data in Local Marketing, streetfightmag.com
- Twitter acquires employee feedback tool Peer, venturebeat.com
- Periscope tests letting you draw on top of live video streams, thenextweb.com