MarTech Today: Building on Amazon Alexa, implementing your chatbot & retail’s access to data
Here’s our daily recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on MarTech Today, Marketing Land and other places across the web. From MarTech Today: Building an Amazon Alexa Skill is so easy, Grandma can do it Jul 20, 2017 by Paul Shapiro How can you tap into the power of Amazon’s Alexa? Contributor Paul […]
Barry Levine on July 21, 2017 at 9:00 am
From MarTech Today:
- Building an Amazon Alexa Skill is so easy, Grandma can do it
Jul 20, 2017 by Paul Shapiro
How can you tap into the power of Amazon’s Alexa? Contributor Paul Shapiro walks you through the different types of Alexa Skills you can create and explains how to easily set up a Flash Briefing Skill.
- The name is Bot, Chatbot: How to shake up conversions with stirring conversations
Jul 20, 2017 by Purna Virji
Columnist Purna Virji explains why an AI-driven conversation agent can potentially be the best sales assistant you have, and provides advice for how to plan and implement your own chatbot.
From Marketing Land:
- Why data is at the center of leadership shakeups in retail
Jul 20, 2017 by Rohit Gupta
Should merchandising and marketing fall under the same umbrella in the new retail paradigm? Contributor Rohit Gupta says yes, explaining how increasing access to data is transforming how retailers can respond to consumers.
- Organizing for Martech: Re-examining modern marketing
Jul 19, 2017 by Digital Marketing Depot
Many organizations are struggling to optimize their staffing and skills to compete in a rapidly changing marketing world. What worked yesterday in marketing and technology may not work today – or tomorrow. With the rapid infusion of technology into the marketing organization, tensions between marketing and IT are inevitable.
- Time is almost up. Attend MarTech at the lowest price possible – don’t miss out!
Jul 19, 2017 by Scott Brinker
Don’t miss the only MarTech on the East Coast this year! Check out my hand-crafted agenda featuring 30+ sessions and 40 marketing superstars: See the agenda at a glance here. Register before Saturday for an All Access Pass and pay $400 less compared to on-site rates.
From Around The Web:
- Amazon acquires Santa Barbara start-up Graphiq to try to bolster Alexa, LA Times
- Why Brands Need Master Data Management, eMarketer
- Lessons from “Retail Apocalypse”: Invest in Technology, People, Practical Ecommerce
- Study: Chatbots gain popularity with consumers, especially millennials, Mobile Marketer
- Google’s safeguard against rogue Android apps is now available, Engadget
- Bringing new Redirect Method features to YouTube, Official YouTube Blo