MarTech Today: Building marketing ops out of chaos, Chrome browser polices ‘abusive’ sites & more
Barry Levine on December 6, 2018 at 9:00 am
From MarTech Today:
- How to build a marketing operations organization out of chaos
Dec 5, 2018 by Debbie Qaqish
Financial accountability, digital transformation and the pivot to customer-centricity are all important CMO challenges to overcome to get your strategy back on track.
- How to choose a customer data platform
Dec 5, 2018 by Digital Marketing Depot
What’s a customer data platform (CDP) and why do you need one?
From Marketing Land:
- Google now allows its Chrome browser to remove all ads from ‘abusive’ sites
Dec 5, 2018 by Barry Levine
Announced last month, the capabilities of the now-released Version 71 could become a model for enforcing online ad standards.
- The best way to understand omnichannel is to work backward
Dec 5, 2018 by Lewis Gersh
Why has the idea of omnichannel marketing fallen from favor? Columnist Lewis Gersh says it’s because of inflated expectations, rooted in some fundamental misunderstandings of the underlying technology.
- Here’s why Nike’s Colin Kaepernick gamble wouldn’t work for Under Armour
Dec 5, 2018 by Matt Crush
Brands have customers driven by dramatically different values so it’s critical to have a deep understanding of them before making a bold move.
From Around The Web:
- A Walk Behind The Waterfall: The Sudden Interest In The Publisher Ad Stack, AdExchanger
- What Traits and Skills Do Martech Leaders Need to Succeed?, CMS Wire
- How e-commerce platforms are changing, www.digitalcommerce360.com
- On CRM: How Salesforce Wants To End Spam, www.forbes.com
- Report: Most Consumers View AR Ads Favorably, Share With Friends | AList, www.alistdaily.com
- Salesforce brings IoT data to field service workers | ZDNet, www.zdnet.com
- VR Headset Market Rebounds as Standalone Products Gain Traction While AR Headset Market Also Saw Positive Movement, According to IDC, www.apnews.com