MarTech Today: Cardlytics’ Treasure Trove, Fixing “Permanently Closed” & AMP Not Yet A Ranking Signal
Barry Levine on February 29, 2016 at 9:00 am
Here’s our recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Cardlytics Opens Up Its Treasure Trove Of Purchase Histories To Ad Targeting
Feb 25, 2016 by Barry Levine
Atlanta-based company is now making its 120 million anonymized profiles available beyond bank-related sites and apps.
- WATCH: “Marketing Land Live” Show #2 Talks About Google AdWords Changes, AMP & More
Feb 26, 2016 by Matt McGee
If you missed our second episode, watch the video replay below.
- Google Is Fixing The “Permanently Closed” Problem For Local Businesses
Feb 26, 2016 by Joy Hawkins
Columnist Joy Hawkins discusses how you can fix issues with old business locations being marked “Permanently closed” — and what Google may be doing to address the issue.
- Bullet-Proofing Your Business From The Inevitable Online Reputation Attack
Feb 26, 2016 by Chris Silver Smith
If your business hasn’t yet been hit with an online reputation attack, chances are it will be. Columnist Chris Silver Smith has tips on how to proactively prepare to help reduce the seriousness of an attack.
- Connecting Demographics To Search Queries
Feb 26, 2016 by Andrew Ruegger
Frustrated by the lack of demographic data available for search ads? Contributor Andrew Ruegger shares his method for obtaining demographic information at the keyword level.
- Google: AMP Not Yet A Search Ranking Signal
Feb 26, 2016 by Barry Schwartz
In December, Google said AMP might become a ranking signal. It is not yet, but it still may become a ranking factor when it is more widely launched.
From Around The Web:
- Head of Wikimedia resigns over search engine plans, www.theguardian.com
- Report: Google, Twitter, Facebook, & Microsoft to file court motions officially supporting Apple in FBI fight, 9to5mac.com
- Samsung wins appeal in patent dispute with Apple, www.reuters.com
- The 4-Hour Website Optimization Challenge: What Would the Experts Do?, unbounce.com
- AMP for Ecommerce, www.practicalecommerce.com
- eXelate and Dun & Bradstreet Collaborate to Offer One of the Most Comprehensive B2B Datasets in Digital Media, www.nielsen.com
- Mobile Action Acquires Appmind, Business Wire
- 3 Ways to Keep Your MarTech Stack Tidy, blog.marketo.com
- Eric Siegel on Predictive Analytics, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Programmatic: It’s More Than Technology, adexchanger.com
- TubeMogul To Issue Automatic Refunds For “Nonhuman” Video Traffic, adexchanger.com