MarTech Today: ColorTV buys Guidebox, true alignment metrics & hands-on with Facebook AR Studio
Here’s our recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on MarTech Today, Marketing Land and other places across the web. From MarTech Today: ColorTV adds search to its OTT services with purchase of Guidebox Apr 21, 2017 by Barry Levine The acquisition means that ColorTV now can use search results to focus its program […]
Barry Levine on April 24, 2017 at 9:00 am
From MarTech Today:
- ColorTV adds search to its OTT services with purchase of Guidebox
Apr 21, 2017 by Barry Levine
The acquisition means that ColorTV now can use search results to focus its program recommendations or content promotion for online TV services.
- Vote for your favorite #MarTech Hack to win a Hackie Award at the MarTech Conference
Apr 22, 2017 by MarTech Today
The entry period for the 2017 Hackie Awards presented by the MarTech Conference is now officially closed. If you haven’t done so already, now is the time to cast your “social vote” for your favorite marketing technology “hacks” submitted over the last few months. The amount of martech knowledge sharing across all the entries has […]
- The Mufasa Metric: Rethinking attribution in the Engagement Economy
Apr 21, 2017 by Chandar Pattabhiram
Columnist Chandar Pattabhiram explains why marketers today must move beyond vanity metrics and instead seek true alignment metrics, such as pipeline, revenue, and big strategic metrics like Lifetime Value (LTV) and number of brand advocates.
From Marketing Land:
- Nearly 80 percent of US display ad spend will be programmatic in 2017 [eMarketer]
Apr 21, 2017 by Ginny Marvin
Private marketplaces continue to gain share of programmatic transactions.
- One Google Home device can now support up to six separate users
Apr 21, 2017 by Greg Sterling
The new feature, which rolls out today, enables multiple users to access personalized content.
- Facebook’s F8: Everything you need to know [Podcast]
Apr 21, 2017 by Matt McGee
Our crew is back from F8, and we talk about the biggest news, the most under-the-radar news and more from Facebook’s annual developer event.
- Hands on with Facebook’s AR Studio to create Snapchat-like camera effects
Apr 21, 2017 by Tim Peterson
Facebook has made a Mac app to let developers create Snapchat-style camera effects. Here’s how it works.
From Around The Web:
- 10 Platforms to Build a Chatbot for Your Business, Practical Ecommerce
- Affordable Tools to Help Maximize Your Social Media Presence, Duct Tape Marketing
- B2B Marketing Technology Adoption and Use, MarketingProfs
- Everything You Need to Know About AdTech & MarTech in 4 Sessions, Marketo
- Marketing technology may never consolidate (but that’s a good thing), Chief Marketing Technologist
- The Ad Tech Rumor Mill Churns News Of A Chrome Ad-Block Addition, AdExchanger
- What’s new in AMP by Example, Accelerated Mobile Pages Project
- 3 ways Facebook is missing the boat on chatbots, VentureBeat
- F8 Media Roundup, Facebook Media
- ‘It’s Still Loading?!’ Long Load Time Just One Reason People Quit Watching Video, eMarketer
- An update on Restricted Mode, YouTube Creator Blog