Stay marketing-savvy and tech-savvy. Get the latest in martech by subscribing to MarTech Today.
MarTech Today: CommuteStream’s native ads for transit apps, winter for martech & optimizing for voice search
Barry Levine on July 13, 2017 at 9:00 am
From MarTech Today:
- CommuteStream now offers native ads for dozens of transit apps around the US
Jul 12, 2017 by Barry Levine
The Chicago-based company, which says it is the only one specializing in ads for these kinds of apps, is expanding its markets and going beyond banners.
- From @Chiefmartec: Is winter coming for martech? Or just for martech VCs?
Jul 12, 2017 by Scott Brinker
Scott Brinker challenges the idea of a ‘martech apocalypse,’ noting that the platform landscape continues to grow in spite of increased predictions of consolidation.
- Rented media: When paid and owned media combine
Jul 12, 2017 by Victor Wong
As the lines between martech and ad tech continue to blur, owned media and paid media are intersecting. Contributor Victor Wong points to social, email and web presence channels as highlighting the trend.
From Marketing Land:
- Key notes on optimizing for voice search: Conversation, content and context
Jul 12, 2017 by Jim Yu
Voice search is growing in popularity, yet many search marketers still don’t have a plan for it. Columnist Jim Yu discusses the state of voice search and provides some tips for marketers looking to the future.
- AMP for Advanced SEOs: SMX Advanced insights
Jul 12, 2017 by Eric Enge
Columnist Eric Enge summarizes a session from the recent SMX Advanced conference on Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP).
- Attack of the clones: Here’s a script to fight duplicated ads
Jul 12, 2017 by Daniel Gilbert
Duplicate ads can make it difficult to properly manage your AdWords campaigns, but finding duplicate ads in a large account can be nearly impossible. Luckily, thanks to columnist Daniel Gilbert, there’s a script for that.
- How marketers can finally bring the ‘personal’ to personalization
Jul 12, 2017 by Peter Cassidy
Contributor Peter Cassidy believes the intelligence and automation of machine learning can arm marketers with the ability to connect with consumers on a personal level.
- Google bars AdSense publishers from using pop-under ads
Jul 11, 2017 by Ginny Marvin
Google ads also may not be served in pop-unders or pop-ups.
From Around The Web:
- Janine Silva, Director of Email & Integrated Marketing at Investopedia Talks Marketing Tech, MarTech Advisor
- Mind the Gap: Why the Disconnect Between Marketing Technology and Data Hurts Customer Loyalty, eMarketer
- We’re in a MarTech Bubble. Here’s How to Choose the Right Tools, MarTech Advisor
- Live From Facebook Spaces: A New Way to Share VR With Friends, Facebook Newsroom