MarTech Today: Designing dashboards, Privacy Shield compliance & Blab shuts down
Barry Levine on August 16, 2016 at 9:00 am
Here’s our daily recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Designing dashboards people will actually use
Aug 15, 2016 by Nick Iyengar
Columnist Nick Iyengar discusses three common issues with dashboarding projects and how to find a data visualization solution that satisfies all the stakeholders within an organization
- Check out my BIG SMX East Preview. Then register & save!
Aug 15, 2016 by Chris Sherman
Search Engine Land’s SMX East is every SEO and SEM’s dream: a tactic-packed agenda, more than 100 dynamic and authoritative speakers, keynotes, exceptional networking, and more. If you’re involved in SEO, SEM, PR, social media or any other customer-facing activity, you owe it to yourself (and your company or client’s bottom line) to attend.
- [WATCH] Marketing Land Live #24: Twitter’s abuse problem, Facebook News Feed changes & more
Aug 15, 2016 by Matt McGee
In this week’s show, our panel talks about Twitter’s ongoing harassment issues, Facebook’s ongoing News Feed tweaks and more.
- Microsoft, Salesforce among first certified companies under US-EU Privacy Shield
Aug 15, 2016 by Greg Sterling
More than 200 applications pending from US companies.
- Blab shuts down its live video platform
Aug 14, 2016 by Matt McGee
Co-founder announces shut down of Blab’s website and app with no warning to users, although signs indicated the move was coming.
From Around The Web:
- Google is working on a new operating system named Fuchsia, www.theverge.com
- U.S. Companies Slow to Adopt European Data Transfer Agreement, Wall Street Journal
- Should You Optimize Content for Google AMP and Facebook Instant Articles?, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- 3 or 4 years ago, it would have been taboo to talk about your martech stack, chiefmartec.com
- Chatbots versus humans: Who builds customer rapport better?, venturebeat.com
- Do startups and small businesses really need a CTO?, econsultancy.com
- Five ways Artificial Intelligence can help marketers enhance the customer experience, econsultancy.com
- Microsoft Flow, the company’s IFTTT competitor, comes to Android, TechCrunch
- Proximity Marketing system within hours, www.ducttapemarketing.com
- Tracker: Ingesting MySQL data at scale – Part 1, engineering.pinterest.com
- Why LinkedIn should kill the resume and replace it with the experience graph, techcrunch.com