MarTech Today: Expedia’s smile recognition, mobile wallet’s future & Google’s quality updates
Here’s our daily recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web. From Marketing Land: Expedia now lets you pick Hawaii travel packages with your smile Oct 11, 2016 by Barry Levine Its new ‘Discover Your Aloha’ campaign is one of the first where facial recognition […]
Barry Levine on October 12, 2016 at 9:00 am
Here’s our daily recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Expedia now lets you pick Hawaii travel packages with your smile
Oct 11, 2016 by Barry Levine
Its new ‘Discover Your Aloha’ campaign is one of the first where facial recognition helps a consumer make a choice.
- Marketing automation made easy
Oct 11, 2016 by Mary Wallace
Marketing automation doesn’t have to be intimidating. Columnist Mary Wallace explains how to select the right tool and offers tips for launching a marketing automation project.
- See the complete agenda for MarTech Europe
Oct 11, 2016 by Scott Brinker
Technology-powered marketing, or “modern” marketing, is reshaping organizations’ processes, operations and managerial hierarchies and enabling us to reinvent the customer journey. Large enterprise websites typically have 75 technologies in their martech stacks, according to a recent study.
- The mobile wallet could grow up to become a real marketing channel
Oct 10, 2016 by Barry Levine
Here are some of the hidden strengths of this keeper of coupons, credit cards and boarding passes.
- Why Google’s quality updates should be on your algorithmic radar [Part 2]: The connection to low-quality user experience
Oct 11, 2016 by Glenn Gabe
In the second installment of his two-part series on Google’s quality updates (aka Phantom updates), columnist Glenn Gabe explains the connection between user experience and organic search performance.
From Around The Web:
- Are Small Businesses Too Quick To Outsource Data Analytics?, smallbiztrends.com
- Digital analytics demystified, Part One: Puzzle vs. Mystery, econsultancy.com
- How Social Analytics Can Launch Your Global Newsrooms, www.newswhip.com
- Hyperlink Usability: Guidelines For Usable Links, usabilitygeek.com
- Introducing a New Way To Build a Website You’ll Be Proud Of, www.vistaprint.com
- join.me Integrates with Slack, HipChat, Trello and Others to Accelerate Productivity, www.globenewswire.com
- Lotame Chief Data Scientist Omar Abdala Receives American Marketing Association 4 Under 40 Award for Data Analytics Innovation, www.marketwired.com
- 11 commandments for chatbot developers, venturebeat.com
- Keeping Up with MarTech is Hard, But You Don’t Have to Do It Alone, www.cmswire.com
- Six Adtech and Martech Startups We’re Watching – And How They Can Boost Your Business, thedma.org
- AMP Reaches Major Milestones Since Launching One Year Ago, www.searchenginejournal.com