MarTech Today: Eye-tracking study on viewability, Optimove’s intelligent agent & Facebook’s new Events app
Barry Levine on October 10, 2016 at 9:00 am
Here’s our recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Eye-tracking study: Web ads need to be viewable for at least 14 seconds to matter
Oct 6, 2016 by Barry Levine
New data shows that the current standard of ‘viewability’ — half the ad on-screen for a second — is far too low to have much value for advertisers.
- Optimove adds an intelligent agent for self-optimizing marketing campaigns
Oct 7, 2016 by Barry Levine
Called Optibot, the new feature makes recommendations, offers insights, and conducts self-optimizing tests across micro-segments.
- Facebook’s new Events app could be a Trojan Horse rival to Google Calendar
Oct 7, 2016 by Tim Peterson
Facebook’s Events app offers an in-app calendar that can sync schedules from other calendars, like Apple’s iCal, Microsoft’s Exchange and Google Calendar.
- Marketing automation tools compared: GetResponse, Marketo and HubSpot
Oct 7, 2016 by Tamar Weinberg
On the fence about which marketing automation platform to use? Columnist Tamar Weinberg dives into the pros and cons of three tools to help you decide which will best meet your needs.
- Exploring a newly-granted Google patent around social signals
Oct 7, 2016 by Dave Davies
Columnist Dave Davies takes a deep dive into a recently published Google patent for clues on how the search giant is thinking about social signals and search results.
- AMP is one year old and growing fast, will it ultimately trump responsive design?
Oct 7, 2016 by Greg Sterling
There are now 600 million AMP pages on 700,000 domains.
From Around The Web:
- A Faster Mobile Web: WordPress.com Updates for Accelerated Mobile Pages, Accelerated Mobile Pages Project
- 6 techniques for improving the UX design of your mobile app, UserTesting Blog
- AMP for eCommerce, Yoast
- After The Krux Sale, Do Indie DMPs Still Have A Place?, AdExchanger
- Salesforce Preaches The Power Of The Krux, Ad Exchanger
- Google is demoting Hangouts to “optional” in the Google Apps package for Android, to be replaced by Duo, androidpolice.com