MarTech Today: Facebook’s Places Graph, Pega’s conversational front-ends & programmatic platforms’ expiration dates
Barry Levine on April 19, 2017 at 9:00 am
From MarTech Today:
- Facebook’s Places Graph makes 140 million locations available to developers for free
Apr 18, 2017 by Greg Sterling
The available content includes business address, lat-long, hours, likes, check-ins, ratings, photos and more.
- Pega adds conversational bots as front-ends for its platform
Apr 18, 2017 by Barry Levine
Called Intelligent Virtual Assistants, they are pre-built conversational interfaces for Facebook Messenger, Amazon Alexa, Google Home and other environments.
- Facebook launches Facebook Spaces, Camera Effects Platform, Messenger bot discovery at F8
Apr 18, 2017 by Danny Sullivan
Facebook allows developers to create camera filters, makes it easier to discover Messenger bots and for people to be together in VR.
From Marketing Land:
- Watch: Facebook previews its first social VR product, Facebook Spaces
Apr 18, 2017 by Tim Peterson
Facebook demoed its first, full-fledged virtual reality product at its annual developer conference, F8.
- Facebook Messenger makes chatbots easier to find and use with new Discover tab, Chat Extensions
Apr 18, 2017 by Tim Peterson
“We have a shot at becoming the Yellow Pages of messaging apps,” says Facebook’s Messenger boss, David Marcus.
- Making the case for mobile site optimizations: Who doesn’t want an extra $13K?
Apr 18, 2017 by Carrie Albright
These days, the question isn’t whether we should invest in mobile but to what extent. Columnist Carrie Albright explains how marketers can make the case for greater investment in mobile optimization.
- Your programmatic platform has an expiration date
Apr 18, 2017 by Dini Mehta
Technologies built to reach desktop internet users may not be capable of effectively handling our multi-device and cross-platform environment. Contributor Dini Mehta tells marketers what they should be looking for in a modern solution.
- See who attends MarTech… and why you should too!
Apr 17, 2017 by Marketing Land
One of the questions we get frequently is “who goes to MarTech?” Makes sense. You want to know if there will be others like you to meet, share ideas and make valuable professional connections when deciding to invest in attending. The overwhelming majority of attendees are managers with marketing-decision responsibilities.
From Around The Web
- Google Launching a Job Search Service Called “Google Hire”, Search Engine Journal
- OpenRTB Native 1.2 Adds Dynamic Creative/Third Party Ad Serving Support, iabtechlab.com
- How Facebook Chatbots are Changing Ecommerce, Multichannel Merchant
- MaxPoint Enhances Customer Catalyst™ CRM Software with Email Address Matching and Profile-Based List Expansion, Global Newswire
- Glossary: What Martech Buzzwords Really Mean, AdAge
- Is Cognitive Technology the End of Marketing As We Know It?, Top Rank Marketing Blog
- Marketing Technology Explained: All You Need Know, AdAge
- Microsoft’s CMO: AI Will Make Marketing Less Manual, AdExchanger