MarTech Today: Facebook’s video chat device and Ozlo acquisition, the Ides of Martech & the impact of GDPR
Barry Levine on August 2, 2017 at 9:00 am
From MarTech Today:
- Report: Facebook working on video-chat device and smart speaker
Aug 1, 2017 by Greg Sterling
Neither device has been confirmed by the company, and much could change before their intended release in spring 2018.
- Facebook’s newly purchased Ozlo may have jobs beyond Messenger
Aug 1, 2017 by Barry Levine
In addition to assisting/replacing the M project, Ozlo could help weed out fake news and colonize a variety of devices.
- Even Financial launches tool to semi-automate financial compliance for online ads
Aug 1, 2017 by Barry Levine
The Programmatic Compliance Tool — which Even says is the only one to track compliance after the click — sends suspected violations to human supervisors.
- Google reportedly pitching publishers on YouTube video player with ad inventory controls
Aug 1, 2017 by Ginny Marvin
YouTube is also touting the early success of efforts to address brand safety issues as it reportedly aims to get its video player on more publisher sites.
- Beware the Ides of Martech: 6 adages to heed as you begin using martech in earnest
Aug 1, 2017 by Malcolm Cox
Being late to the martech space has its advantages. Besides learning from the industry’s experience in ad tech, says contributor Malcolm Cox, you can also draw upon these six old adages.
- The impact of GDPR on marketing technology and cybersecurity
Aug 1, 2017 by Travis Wright
How should you prepare for the European privacy regulation going into effect next year? Contributor Travis Wright explains the GDPR’s provisions and outlines one approach to compliance.
From Marketing Land:
- A way to think about modern CRM
Aug 1, 2017 by Jose Cebrian
What should you be expecting from your customer relationship management programs these days? Contributor Jose Cebrian explains how CRM has changed and how it hasn’t.
- Search marketers plan to attend SMX East to become martech trailblazers
Aug 1, 2017 by Marketing Land
We get it. Marketing is now a software-powered discipline that blends the art of creative and science of data. New technologies are deeply interwoven into marketing operations and strategy. Effectively harnessing them demands new capabilities, talent and management.
From Around The Web:
- Facebook Is Working on a Video Chat Device, Bloomberg
- Pitney Bowes Announces Payment Solutions for Ecommerce Clients, Multichannel Merchant
- 3 Ways Automation Tools Are Increasing Marketing Productivity, Social Media Explorer
- Mapp Digital Aims To Take On Marketing Clouds With The Old Teradata Stack, AdExchanger
- Everything You Want To Know About The Facebook News Feed, Search Engine People