MarTech Today: The FCC ruling on consumer data, choosing the right tech & more
Barry Levine on November 1, 2016 at 9:00 am
From MarTech Today:
- Is the FCC ruling on consumer data a sign of the coming Stone Age — or the Modern Age?
Oct 31, 2016 by Barry Levine
The FCC’s recent decision, the coming ADPR in Europe, and Apple’s Limit Ad Tracking update appear to portend the day when consumers completely control their own data.
- So you have the data. Now what?
Oct 31, 2016 by Jose Cebrian
It’s not just about having loads of data; you need to be able to use it. Columnist Jose Cebrian explains why you need to build a solid foundation, shift your focus from the channel to the audience and choose the right technology.
From Marketing Land:
- The FCC passed ‘sweeping’ new privacy protections for consumers — or did it?
Oct 31, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Will “opt-in consent” be buried in lengthy terms and conditions? Stay tuned.
From Around The Web:
- Pathmatics to Provide Nielsen with Enhanced Digital Intelligence in U.S. and Canada, PR Web
- Analytics CEO makes a passionate case against marketing attribution, Chief Marketing Technologist Blog
- Google Analytics Bug Missing Traffic Data For Some Webmasters?, Search Engine Roundtable
- Landing Pages in Two Platforms: Google Analytics and BigQuery, www.e-nor.com
- WordPress 4.7 Removes the Underline and Justify Buttons From the Editor, wptavern.com
- A Tale of 2 API Platforms – GGV Capital, Medium
- Ex-Google Exec Launches Emissary to Help Salespeople Reach Influencers, www.cmswire.com