MarTech Today: First VR auto showroom, IBM Watson’s summer job & Zeta Interactive buys Acxiom Impact
Here’s our recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web. From Marketing Land: Online car retailer Vroom launches first VR-based auto showroom Aug 4, 2016 by Barry Levine Initially intended for several of the company’s physical locations, the virtual showroom will soon become a downloadable […]
Barry Levine on August 8, 2016 at 9:00 am
Here’s our recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Online car retailer Vroom launches first VR-based auto showroom
Aug 4, 2016 by Barry Levine
Initially intended for several of the company’s physical locations, the virtual showroom will soon become a downloadable app with an online backend.
- IBM’s Watson has a summer job working at Macy’s
Aug 5, 2016 by Barry Levine
The Jeopardy-winning supercomputer is now venturing further into retail, in its first application inside a brick-and-mortar retailer.
- Brick-and-mortar retail tech: Through the shopper’s lens
Aug 5, 2016 by Allan Haims
There are many hot new technologies in the world of retail, from beacons to mobile wallets, but which are likely to drive business for your store? Columnist Allan Haims explores.
- Instagram is using an algorithm and Facebook data to sort its new Stories feed
Aug 5, 2016 by Tim Peterson
Instagram’s algorithm will decide the order of Stories by referencing whose content people engage with on Instagram, as well as on Facebook.
- Zeta Interactive acquires Acxiom’s marketing division, Impact
Aug 4, 2016 by Barry Levine
Purchase adds scale, data analytics capabilities and “marquee clients” to the customer acquisition/CRM business.
- Take the guesswork out of marketing automation technology
Aug 5, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
More marketers are implementing marketing automation to maximize the value of their data, improve engagements and effectively measure effectiveness. While automation technology also helps companies become more data-driven to improve accountability, it can be challenging to understand how to make the most of its functionality. The “Marketing Automation Simplified” guide from Oracle offers an introduction […]
From Around The Web:
- Nine Content Tools to Improve Your Online Presence Through Curation, www.marketingprofs.com
- Common UX mistakes in chatbot design, venturebeat.com
- 9 hard truths chatbot developers need to learn, venturebeat.com
- Self-Service Behavioral Analytics: The Next Evolution of Marketing Tech, www.martechadvisor.com
- Why is Header Bidding Failing Video Advertising?, www.martechadvisor.com