MarTech Today: Gartner on analytical tools, build vs. buy & Google’s new Daydream View
Barry Levine on October 18, 2017 at 9:00 am
From MarTech Today:
- New Gartner report spotlights analytics tools that map customer data across channels
Oct 17, 2017 by Barry Levine
The Leaders are Google, Adobe and SAS, with IBM and SAP in the second quadrant.
- The great martech debate: Build vs. buy
Oct 17, 2017 by David Rodnitzky
Debating whether you should buy, rent or build your own martech software? Columnist David Rodnitzky explains why building your own martech software is almost always a bad idea.
- Google’s new Daydream View: Another step on the long road toward VR adoption
Oct 17, 2017 by Greg Sterling
Virtual reality, which is battling general consumer indifference, is also competing with augmented reality for the hearts and minds of marketers.
From Marketing Land:
- Google AMP and call attribution — 5 things you need to know
Oct 17, 2017 by Digital Marketing Depot
AMP stands for Accelerated Mobile Pages, Google’s open source initiative to improve web page speed and performance for mobile users. But that speed comes at a cost for digital marketers. AMP eliminates scripts — including the scripts that help you track mobile calls.
- Apple’s move to kill cookies isn’t a crisis — It’s an opportunity
Oct 17, 2017 by Mike Sands
Columnist Mike Sands believes Apple’s cookie restrictions will encourage marketers to take a new approach to building customer data sets and identity, giving them a more holistic customer view.
- Twitter’s new Video Website Card ad format uses video to push link clicks
Oct 17, 2017 by Tim Peterson
Tapping the ad on mobile will load the brand’s web page while continuing to play the video atop it.
From Around The Web:
- 5 ways Collaboration Can Boost Your Martech Stack Performance, Martech Advisor